Parabati

"Aldertree's strategy isn't working."

Isabelle let out a sigh, but continued the conversation at hand, "We've only been to two gyms so far. We have to be patient."

Alec was quick to answer, "The Circle members all took the same oath. They're gonna keep slitting their throats before they tell us anything."

Isabelle kept to Alec's long stride, "Do you have any other ideas?"

Alec had his thought, but he pushed it aside, "Put in a request for a maritime mission. Take out a vessel ourselves."

Isabelle shook her head, "Alec, the ship is glamoured. It won't show up on the sonar."

Alec suddenly had the thought that Echo could have gotten onto the ship, "Well, it can't hide from us if we run right into it."

"It's a pretty big ocean out there."

Isabelle suddenly came to a stop and pulled Alec with her, "Look. You know he's not hurt. Otherwise, you would have felt something, right?"

Alec kept his face straight, "I've been a little preoccupied lately. I'm scared because I can't feel anything from Jace."

Isabelle let out a slow sigh, "Maybe you should just let us handle this mission."

Alec shook his head, "No, Iz. If I go back to the Institute—" Alec let out a breath as he felt his emotions start to rise.

"If I go back now, all I am going to do is sit. And when I sit, I think, and I don't want to think right now." Alec pulled in a breath as he felt his arm numb again. Alec hastily gripped at his forearm and clenched his fist. Isabelle noticed the odd act.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Alec shook his hand out, "Yeah. Ever since we got to the warehouse, my arm has been cold." Alec held onto his left arm, as it was uncomfortable.

Isabelle narrowed her eyes, "Does it hurt?"

Alec shook his head, "No. It feels like it has been stuck in the freezer for hours." Alec finally allowed himself to figure out what was wrong. He pulled up the sleeve of his jacket and looked down at his rune-covered arm. Alec started to rub at the skin to get some feeling back into it. Alec paused his motions and gently graced his thumb over his wedded rune.

Alec.

The Shadowhunter suddenly looked up when he heard a whisper of his name. Alec rubbed at his wrist and let out a breath when he saw a flash of black hair and red eyes. The image in front of him had a smile on its face. He took a step forward with wide eyes, "Echo?" Alec dropped his arms and the image vanished. Alec stopped his step and shook out his head with a deep exhale.

Isabelle had seen the whole moment. She wanted so badly to see her brother happy again, "Alec."

The Shadowhunter shook out his head and started to walk forward with a mask plastered on his face, "Let's go."

Isabelle sighed quickly and tried to catch up with is long stride; "Where?"

Alec shrugged his shoulders, "Another gym unless you have another idea."

Isabelle thought about her words for a moment, "Maybe we go back and gather a plan. Make a list of the places that the other's haven't been yet?"

Alec licked his teeth and wiped his hand over his mouth, "Fine. Let's go."

Isabelle and Alec quickly navigated the city of New York until they gathered the Institute in their vision. Alec got nervous as they stepped into the ancient, as well as technologically advanced, church.