Prisoner

Echo tried to stay as far away from Clary as she could get as their team gathered around the table. Echo was in a carefree attitude and she honestly didn't care for any mission at the moment. Echo was in her own mind for the majority of the conversation but when Jace elbowed her in the ribs she came too. Echo narrowed her eyes at the Shadowhunter before she tilted her head to the conversation.
"I thought Izzy had the flu. Why would she leave the institute?" Just the sound of Clary's voice made Echo want to punch her sister in the throat.

"I don't know, but if he's hurt her..."

"Hey," Jace looked up at Alec, "She could have escaped. We don't even know if he has her."

"She hasn't called, and she's not answering her phone. But she's still alive. I know it, it's just—He's got her."

Echo leaned into the conversation, "Who are we talking about?"

Alec looked down at his wife with a sigh, "Azazel. He's a Greater Demon and one of the Princes of Hell."

Echo's eyebrows rose and a small smirk pulled onto her lips. She honestly liked the sound of a Prince of Hell.

The screen below the team pulled up the identity of Azazel as Clary spoke, "What does he want?"

Jace shook his head, "I don't know, but we should inform the Inquisitor."

Clary shot her answer back quickly, "But she's in a meeting with the Alicante Council."

Alec let out a sigh, "I don't understand. Why Izzy? What does a Greater Demon want with her?"

Jace was in this thoughts, "I'm not sure, but I think I know who we could ask."

The thought in Jace's head made Echo squirm in her spot. She rolled her head before she looked up at Jace, but the Shadowhunter shook his head.

"No." It was silent for a moment before Jace answered again, "Seriously not an option." Echo narrowed her eyes, "Wow, never have I seen a more grotesque plot of my death. Thank you for that."

Alec narrowed his eyes, "What?"

Jace looked up at Alec, "She want's to go down with us to see Valentine."

Alec shook his head, "Not going to happen."
Echo rolled her eyes, "You guys are a buzz kill." Before any of them could shout at her again, she vanished through the air and her feet landed in an ill-lit basement with a glass cell standing before her. Valentine was strapped to a chair in the middle of the vaulted room. The malevolent man didn't look up, as he didn't hear Echo's arrival. Echo didn't feel any form of emotion from her own body and it was easy to walk towards Valentine.

"Look who's strapped down now."

Valentine slowly lifted his head and looked out from the glass as Echo slowly walked around a decorative corps in the middle of the basement. Valentine narrowed his eyes before they widened again at the revilement of his daughter.

"You're supposed to be dead."

Echo flared out her hands, "I did die. Not by your hands. I'm sure you are disappointed about that."

Echo paused her footing in front of the glass as Valentine gave a deep chuckle before allowing himself to be disgusted, "Look at you. Look at what you have become."

Echo glanced down at her hair, "Oh, this? This has only made me stronger. No thanks to you."

Valentine shook his head, "You are a disgrace to the Shadow World."