Chapter 1

Stuck

Varian sat in his cell. He sighs, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra just returned from their journey and they were throwing a party. He sits down on the ground, after a few seconds Rudiger comes running to him and getting onto his lap. Varian sighs before petting Rudiger, it has helped him calm down.
He could see a guard open the dungeon door to come and check on him. He was moved away from the other prisons because he was "to dangerous." He mumbles to himself "I guess that's because I try to destroy all of Corona." He clenches his fist before mumbling more "because Rapunzel deserved it!" Rudiger looks up at Varian before moving up to his shoulders. Varian sighs again before bringing his knees up to his chest and warping his arms around his legs. He hangs his head and mumbles again "I brought this among myself." He feels the beginning of tears.
He hears the dungeon door open and he wipes the beginning of his tears away and he looks up to see Rapunzel. She looked at him, Varian said bitterly to her "What do you want, Princess?!" Rapunzel said "I throught that you were lonely so I throught you wanted some company.... I brought you a cookie." She shows him the cookie. Varian just looks away, though he knew that was probably the only flavorful food he was going to get in this prison. Rapunzel said "Please take it, Varian." Varian looks back at her and he said "I'm not going back to my old self, so why even try?" Rapunzel said "I can always hope." She puts the cookie on the ground inside the cell before leaving. Varian sees the door close and he gets up and grabs the cookie. He splits the cookie in two before giving one haft of it to Rudiger and he eats the other haft. After that he falls asleep on his cell bed.
*Days later*
Varian wakes up and for a second he thinks that he is back home and his dad wasn't in the orange crystal, but when he looked around he was in his cell and he remembers.
He hears two familiar voices. He looks towards the sound and he sees Rapunzel and Cassandra. Cassandra said "And he's already awake." Varian's eyes darken, and he harshly said to her "And let me guess, you ran whining to your daddy to let you be a guard." Cassandra glares at him before saying "No I earned his respect." Varian said "Then why are you here?" He was quite curious because only Rapunzel came to visit him. Well expect the Queen when she tried reasoning with him. Cassandra said "I'm on guard duty." Rapunzel quickly said "So umm.... How's your day Varian?" Varian just looked down not wanting to reply. Varian thinks about the day that Rapunzel betrayed him.
Eugene comes in and he said to Rapunzel "Blondie! I been looking for you." He looks over at Varian just to receive a glare. Cassandra said "And I thought that today couldn't get any worse." Eugene and Cassandra start to bicker. Rapunzel said "I did not come down here to hear you guys fight." Eugene ask "What are y'all doing down here anyway? Did someone throw a party down here?" They continue to talk. Varian ask breaking the other people's conversation "Is he still in the crystal?" He looks up to Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra. They all turned to Varian. Rapunzel said "Yes....... I'm sorry." Varian just looks down at the ground again, not wanting too see pity in Rapunzel's eyes. Rudiger walks up to him and Varian starts to pet him. The room fills with silence.
Varian opens his eyes to see the room empty, well expect Rudiger. He must of fallen asleep, Rudiger was on his lap sleeping. Varian looks outside the window. He signs, a day must of passed. He puts Rudiger on the ground and walks up together the window. He had to boost himself to look outside the cell. He sees the sun beginning to raise. Varian mumbles to himself "Happy birthday Varian...."
He stops looking outside the cell to look at Rudiger sleeping peacefully on the ground. He remembers his other birthdays, most of his he remembered was just his dad and him. And now it just him..... He grabs some rocks and starts to throw them outside of the cell out of boredom. Rudiger wakes up and runs up him to his shoulders, Varian said "Hi Rudiger..." He could feel tears going down his cheeks, he leans against the wall trying to stop himself from crying before soon going to sobs.