Chapter 8

Apologies

Quirin stands up and ask "What has happen?" Everyone was quiet, Varian looks down and said "I'm sorry.... Dad...." He didn't look up too his father, not wanting to see disappointment, Rudiger runs up to Varian's arms.
Eugene said "Wow! This got awkward really quickly." Cassandra glares at Eugene before he says "What?" Rapunzel sighs, she said "Ummm.... Alot. Quirin, you been stuck in that crystal for a year."
Quirin eyes widen in surprise. Rapunzel said "And people aren't in Old Corona anymore." Cassandra said "And Varian also tried to kill everyone in Corona, and so he got locked up and then he escaped and other things and now we are here." Quirin looks towards Varian, he was sitting on the ground, holding Rudiger to his chest while petting him. Varian's face was filled with guilt. Rapunzel said "But I fixed Old Corona! Their are no rocks here. And the castle is basically the same." Quirin ask "How is King Frederic and Queen Arianna?" Rapunzel said "They are great." He nods.
After Quirin nods the Head Guard comes into the room and sees that Quirin is out of the crystal, Rapunzel was talking to Quirin, Cassandra and Eugene are glaring at each other, and Varian is on the ground petting Rudiger. The Head Guard said "The King has sent me to find you guys. To see if you were in any trouble." Cassandra said "We were just heading to the castle."
Everyone went back to the castle. Varian looks his hands, trying to get out the handcuffs that were put on his hands. He looks at his father slightly before looking away, feeling ashamed at himself. Quirin said "Varian." Varian looks at his father and he said "What?" Quirin said "Is all what Cassandra said true?" Varian nods and looks away. Quirin puts his hand on Varian's shoulder and Varian flinches, he then hugs Varian and Varian hugs him back, or well tries to hug him while wearing handcuffs on.
They stop hugging and Varian smiles at his dad. Varian almost jumps when he hears a cough and turns to see Nigel. He said "The King wants to see the boy." He glares at Varian. Varian sighs and mumbles "Better get this over with." He looks at his father and follows Nigel, he was terrified but he didn't know why. He walks through the doors to the throne room, he sees King Frederic, Queen Arianna, Rapunzel, Cassandra, The Head Guard, and Eugene. He gulps and looks around nervously.
King Frederic said "You are here today because you have lied too the princess and ran away from her." Varian looks down and the King ask "Do you have anything to say to that?" Varian looks at Rapunzel and said "I'm sorry Rapunzel." He looks back at the ground.
Rapunzel looks back at the ground, and doubted that her father would let him go. The King said "Varian is to be locked up." Varian looks kinda surprised and he said "But.... but...." He was grab by some of the guards and dragged to the cells, he yelled "But... My dad! No..... No!!! I'm sorry!!!" His voice echos but it weakens. Rapunzel ask "What about Quirin?" The King said "I know..." The King seems crossed and he said "But the kingdom must be protected, and that boy is dangerous." The King said "Bring Quirin in."