Chapter 2

Archie's POV
It's been 3 weeks since Ronnie saw me and Midge kissing and she still refuses to talk to me. She's ignored my calls, avoided me in public, and even told Andre not to let me in the Pembrook. I know I screwed up but I was drunk and upset, which is no excuse. The worst part is that's it's official summer so I can't ambush her in school.

"I don't know what to do, Jug. She's refusing to talk to me" I groan while sitting in a booth at Pops. "I'm not gonna lie to you, it's not gonna be easy to get her back. Veronica is more self respecting to just run back to you after what happened" he says. "I know. I'm such an idiot, you told me to slow down and I didn't listen. And now the girl I love hates me" I say sadly. The bells above the door ring and I look up at the door, hoping it's my beautiful raven haired girl. My eyes meet Veronica's and I instantly feel at ease, until I realize that she's not here with me. Behind her is Kevin whose eyes follow hers till they meet mine. He puts his hand on her back and leads he to back of the diner. She sits down and runs her hand through her hair and I faintly hear her say something about the fact that they should've ordered the door instead. I shake my head and look back at Jughead "I have to talk to her" I say. He nods his head "I know you do. Go" he says nudging with his head. I take a deep breath and stand up from the booth. I walk across the diner and then down at her when I reach their table. "It's been 3 weeks. Can we please talk?"

Veronica's POV
"It's been 3 weeks. Can we please talk?" He asks. My heart breaks at the sound of his voice. Seeing him makes me want to slap him, and then kiss him because I still love him. "Fine. Can you give us a sec Kev?" I ask, with no idea as to why I'm saying yes. He nods and stands out of the booth, walking to join Jughead. Archie sits down across from me and sets his hands down on the table, causing me to move mine to my lap. "I don't even know where to start" he says with a bit of a laugh. Not because it's funny, but because neither of us thought we'd ever be in this position. "How about why you cheated on me. That's might answer a few questions" I say sharply. He looks at me with guilt but I stand my ground, despite how much hurting him ultimately hurts me too. "I didn't know what I was doing. I just missed you and-" he starts but I cut him off. "You missed me so instead of calling me you kissed some other girl. I'm sorry Archie but that doesn't make sense" I say, tears welling in my eyes. "See sometimes I have a bad dream and I wake up then realize you're not there so I miss you. But I didn't go and make out with the first person I see" I say angrily. "I know. But you have to believe me, I love you, so much. Not Midge" he says, practically begging me to forgive him. "Archie, I love you too. So much that it hurts" I say, letting the tears fall. "We're in love, we can get through this" he says. I shake my head "Archie I said it hurts. What happened changed me, it turned our relationship from a beautiful and exciting experience to a painful ordeal" I say. I take a deep breath "you're just a different person now. Till that night you were the first person who made me feel worth something good, but I can't see any of that anymore" I finish. His eyes are filled with tears and it takes everything in me not to kiss him and apologize, for something I didn't even do. "Is there anything I can say or do" he asks, trying to keep his tears back. "No. You've done enough" I say before standing up and walking away. I look at Kevin but turn right for the exit, not turning back.

This is short and probably terrible but I'm just exhausted. Tomorrow will be better, even though I said that yesterday. I mean it this time