Chapter 23

Veronica's POV
I'm sitting on my balcony staring over the town, that is lit by streetlights and the occasional headlights from a nighttime driver. I run my fingers along the note from the Boyer family and I shake my head. I'm almost furious with them for not finding my daughter good enough for their family, but I'm way too tempted to thank them till my face is blue. I pick up my phone from the end table next to my chair and I click on the lock screen. It's 4:00 am. I roll my eyes, I know I need to sleep but right now I just want to call Archie and talk to him about what's going on. Right before I click on his name to call him I realize what telling him will do to our relationship, or lack there of. If I tell him that I'm about to raise a child he won't want anything to do with that, and I can't blame him for that. I sigh and click my phone off, setting it back on the table.

"Mija" my mother asks, shaking my shoulder. "Did you sleep out here?" She asks, referring to the balcony. I nod my head, still groggy. "Why?" She asks. I shrug "I just fell asleep I guess" I say standing up. "Is everything okay?" She asks. I shake my head "I'm about to become an actual mother, so no. Nothing is okay. And I can't tell Archie about it because he doesn't want to date a 17 year old Mom!" I say angrily. She sighs "I'm sure you can talk to Archie about it, he loves you. Very obviously by the way" she says with a wink. I smirk "call him. Take him to breakfast at Pops, and talk to him" she says before kissing my cheek and walking away. I pick up my phone and scroll through my contacts. I type a text and send it, hoping to get a quick response.

"Thanks for coming" I say while sitting down in the booth. Betty looks up at me "Yeah no problem. It sounded urgent" she says, "is everything okay?" I laugh a bit, "I honestly don't know. Something happened.... I should just show you" I say while pulling the letter out from my jacket pocket and handing it to her. Her eyes scan over the letter and almost a minute later her eyes widen and her jaw drops. "Oh my god" she gasps. I nod my head, "you're getting Reign back?" She asks smiling. "Yeah. I'm just terrified" I say. She nods "well it makes sense but your family has money, you can hire a nanny while your in school. Most parents leave for the day anyway, it won't be any different" she says. I nod "yeah I know, it's just..." I fade out, afraid that I'll sound stupid. "You're afraid of what Archie will do, or not do" she says. I nod my head, "he won't want to get involved with a 17 year old Mom, and have to deal with Reggie and I co-parenting, if we even do that. He doesn't want to deal with all of that. He shouldn't want to" I say. She sighs "I wish I could tell you what Archie will do, but I can't. Because I do not know. But what I can tell you is that you aren't alone. You aren't now, you weren't before, and you never will be" she says while taking my hand. I smile as tears well up in my eyes, "I'm a Mom" I say. She smiles at me and squeezes my hand, "you're a Mom."

Archie's POV
My phone dings and I look from my bowl of cereal to my phone:

V: I have something to tell you. Come over?

I furrow my eyebrows and pick my phone up to text back.

A: Sure. Everything okay?

I wait for a response but I don't get one, so I quickly eat my cereal and jump up from my chair. I grab my keys and get to my truck, taking off to Veronica's.

I knock at her front door and seconds later she pulls the door open, giving me a small, yet beautiful smile. I smile back, "Hello Ronnie" I say as she lets me in the door. "Hey. Thanks for coming" she says as she walks over to the couch and sits down. I sit down next to her, "Yeah of course. Is everything okay? You didn't answer when I asked if something is wrong" I say. She shrugs, "not wrong but something did happen" she says "and everything will change after I tell you this" she says. I shake my head, "Ronnie nothing will change" I say. She shakes her head and pulls a piece of paper from her pocket. "I wish you were right" she says while handing me the paper. My eyes scan across the paper, and my eyes widen. "Wow, this is great you can get Reign back" I say with a smile. She smiles back, "I know" she says, "it's great." I fold the paper back up and look at her, "what did you think would change?" I ask. She shrugs, "everything. If I get Reign back you and I could never...." she fades out. "We could never what?" I ask, teasing her. She rolls her eyes, "I don't know. But we'll never know, will we?" She asks. I shake my head, "of course we will. Because you and I are getting back together" I say confidently. She raises her eyebrow, "we are?" She asks, "where did all of this confidence come from?" I smirk, "it doesn't take confidence to know wants right. I love you and you love me, there's no escaping that. And your daughter is definitely adorable" I say. She smirks "yeah but the baby comes with me. And Reggie comes with the baby, and last time I even hugged Reggie you freaked out" she says, "isn't that going to get in the way?" She asks. I shake my head "I know I freaked out and I'm sorry. But I can't lose you 3 times, 2 is enough" I say. "You're serious?" She asks, "you really want to date someone who is a 17 year old mom?" She asks. I smirk, "Yeah, as long as that 17 year old Mom is you" I say. She smiles and puts her hand on my shoulder, "are you sure?" She asks. I smirk and cup her face in my hand, pulling her lips to mine. She smiles into the kiss and I pull her closer to me, making her straddle my lap. "Mmm" I say into the kiss, making her pull away and look at me. "You know, some Moms are hot" I say. She laughs and leans her head back saying, "just kiss me again before I change my mind."

After 23 chapters, varchie is back! But will it last?