Chapter 31

I'm sorry this took so long, I was just trying to figure out where I'm going with the story before I continued.

Veronica's POV
"I can't believe how big she is" Reggie says as we sit on the ground and play with Reign. "I know. It's crazy" I say with a smile. There's a knock at the front door and I go to get up, but Reggie beats me to it. "I'll get it" he says walking out of Reign's play room, and through the hall leading to the front door.

Reggie's POV
I walk through the hallway that leads to the living room and I go to the front door. I pull the door open and it reveals Archie, the guy who is trying to play father to my daughter. "Andrews" I say flatly. He sighs, "Reggie. You're here, again" he says before walking in. I hear foot steps behind me and I turn around to see Veronica standing with Reign on her hip. "Everything okay in here?" She asks, narrowing her eyes at the both of us. "Yeah" "all good" we say in unison, making her scoff. "Okay" She says as she sets Reign in her highchair. "I should probably go, see you tomorrow V" I say, before walking over to Reign. "Bye, Daddy will see you tomorrow" I say as I lean down and kiss her chubby cheek. She babbles something that I can't comprehend but I still smile and kiss her cheek once more before standing back up. "See you tomorrow" Veronica says before I walk to the front door and walk out.

Archie's POV
Reggie walks out of Veronica's house and I instantly feel at ease. I don't know what it is but something about that guy puts me on edge. "So he's coming over everyday?" I ask, making Ronnie laugh. "Are you serious?" She asks. I narrow my eyes, "what?" I ask. She turns to face me "Are you serious with the jealousy? Reign is Reggie's daughter, he wants to be in her life. You knew that before we even got back together" she says, slightly annoyed. "Yeah but-" I start, but she cuts me off. "But nothing, Arch. How many times do I have to say this for you to understand, I share a child with Reggie but I love you" she says, emphasizing love. I sigh, "I know that." She leans against the wall and lays her head back, "do you? Because on top of taking care of my daughter, co-parenting, and school, I'm constantly needing to remind you that I don't love Reggie, or even want to be with him" she says, trying to keep her voice down so she doesn't upset Reign who is 5 feet away. "And honestly the constant need for a reminder makes no sense because if I remember correctly you are the one who cheated on me. So if anyone here should need reassuring, it's me" she finishes. I'm taken back by what she said that I don't even know how to respond. I stay silent for a few seconds until I sigh and run my hand through my hair, "I'm gonna leave" I say, standing up off the chair I was leaning on and walking to the door. "Archie wait-" she says, but's it's too late. I've already closed the door.

Veronica's POV
I lay down on my back after putting Reign down and I sigh. I can't believe I said that to Archie, I'm not even angry about what happened anymore. I grab my phone and go onto my conversation with Archie:

V: I'm sorry. Can we talk?

I hit send and I set my phone back on my bed, waiting for him to answer. I groan and lay my head down flat on my bed. I fight to stay awake so I can see if Archie responds, but the exhaustion of today finally hits, making me drift off into a deep sleep.

Archie's POV
V: I'm sorry. Can we talk?

I ignore the message and stare back up at my ceiling. She really dug the knife in on that one. She knows that my biggest regret in my whole life was that moment, but she still used it against me in a way to purposely hurt me. I get another text and assume it's Ronnie, but I check it anyway.

B: wanna get Pops with Jug and I, you can ask V too.
A: Sure. But just us 3, I need to talk to you guys about something.
B: Okay. Meet us there in 10

I walk into Pops to see Jughead and Betty already in a booth so I walk over to where they're seated and slide into the seat in front of theirs. "So what is this thing you need to talk to us about?" Jughead asks after I give Poptate my order. "Ronnie and I got into a fight" I say. Betty nods, "Okay well that's normal for relationships. What happened?" She asks. I sigh, "I was just kind of annoyed with Reggie being around all the time, which I know isn't right because he is Reign's father but I couldn't help but be jealous" I say. Jughead pushes his milkshake glass away after downing the whole thing in minutes and then looks back up at me, "do you know exactly why you're jealous?" He asks. I nod, "well then why?" Betty asks curiously. I shake my head, "it's stupid" I argue. "Cmon Arch, we won't judge" she says. I nod, "I can't get over the fact that Ronnie had sex Reggie in the first place" I say. Betty nods, "that makes sense. It's hard to imagine someone you love with someone else" she says, "what happened after you told her you were jealous?" I sit back in my seat, "she said I didn't have the right to be jealous because I cheated on her first" I say. Jughead sighs, "it wasn't cool of her to say that but she's really not wrong" he says. I nod my head, "Yeah I know" I say, not even bothering to hide the fact that I'm annoyed. "So do you think this is something that can be fixed?" Betty asks. I sigh and look up at her with exhausted eyes, "I hope so, but honestly, I'm not sure."

Hope everyone likes this 💕