Chapter 21

Veronica's POV
I walk down the quiet streets of Riverdale, intent on going to Pops. After spending hours trying to fall asleep after Archie left, I realized that sleep won't be happening, but food and milkshakes always make me feel better. I sigh and look at the time on my phone, 1:27am. "Well I won't be getting any sleep tonight" I say to myself. "Me either" I hear from behind me. I whip around quickly and I see Jughead, "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you" he says. I smirk "no it's fine. What are you doing out here so late?" I ask. He shrugs "I could ask you the same" he says. He starts walking again and I start forward when he reaches my side. "Very true. So you tell me why you're here, and I'll do the same. Deal?" I ask. He nods in agreement, "deal" he starts, "I'm leaving Betty's" he says. I gasp "you sneaky serpent" I say in shock. He chuckles "Yeah Yeah. What are you doing here?" He asks, glancing at me. I sigh "just... avoiding my problems" I say. He shakes his head, "be more specific. I won't tell" he urges. I sigh "Things between Archie and I went further than they should've. Now I'm worried that I'm leading him on. And that I'm not ready, to trust him I guess" I say. He pushes his hair out of his face, "wow that's more specific than I expected" he says. I smirk "yeah well you asked. Any advice?" I ask. He shrugs "Just find where you're comfortable and stay there for a while. Archie loves you, he'll wait" he says. I smile down at my shoes in an attempt to hide my stupid grin, "thanks Jughead. I'm going into Pops, you want to join?" I ask as we approach the old diner. He shakes his head "I would love to but I'm already late for curfew, obviously" he says. I smirk, "Alright. See you at school" I say before walking into the restaurant, and he disappears down the street, on his way to the south side.

My alarm blares in my ears and I gasp, sitting up quickly. "Ugh shut up" I groan as I turn off the annoying alarm. "Mija" my mom says, leaning her head in my doorway. "Yeah?" I ask, hoping she didn't catch Archie sneak out of here last night. "Did you go out last night?" She asks, narrowing her eyes at me. "You caught me" I smirk "I had a chocolate craving" I say, "I went to Pops." She nods her head and walks in my room more, "so this is after you had sex with Archie correct?" She asks. I gasp "Mom shh!" I snap, hoping my father doesn't hear. "Calm down, he's in his study" she says, "but I need to warn you" she adds. "Warn me? Of what? The dangers of unprotected sex? Trust me I know those" I say. She glares at me, "obviously not, Mija. I wanted to warn you of leading Archie on. Are you ready for a relationship right now?" She asks. I shake my head and she sighs. "Exactly as I thought. Archie is obviously still in love with you, and you clearly still love him. This off and on thing will only hurt you both" she says. I nod my head, "Yeah I know that. That's why I feel so awful about it" I say. She smiles lightly and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear, "I love you, Mija" she says. I smile at her and say, "I love you too, mom."

This is really short and doesn't have much content but the next update (which I think is tomorrow, I still haven't memorized my updating days) will be longer bc of what I have planned 😉