Chapter 12

Archie's POV
I walk out of my 8th period class at the end of the day and I pull my phone from my pocket to text Ronnie.

A: how are you feeling?

The message delivers but she doesn't read it right away. I shrug it off, assuming that she's asleep. I walk out of the front doors of school and I see my dad standing at the curb in front of his truck. "Hey dad, whats up?" I ask curiously. "Something happened to Veronica. She was giving Reggie a ride home and they were hit by an SUV. They're at the hospital now, we can go if you want" he says, putting his hand on my shoulder. I'm in shock so I don't say anything back, I just nod my head and get in the truck, headed for the hospital.

When I get there Betty and Jughead are already waiting in the lobby. "Hey. How are you?" Betty asks me. "What if she doesn't make it?" I ask sadly. She shakes her head "don't think like that" she says, pulling me in for a hug. Jughead joins in and hugs us both, but the person missing from this is Ronnie.

"Reggie Mantle" the doctor says, walking out from the double doors. Reggie's Mom stands up from her chair, where she was being comforted by other parents and approaches the doctor. I'm not close enough to hear whether or not he's okay but judging by the ecstatic hug she gave the doctor tells me he fine. "It's good that Reggie is okay" I say to Betty and Jughead, "despite everything that happened" I finish. Betty narrows her eyes "what happened?" She asks. I then realize that they didn't know about Veronica and Reggie, and about Veronica being pregnant. "Nothing. I'm not supposed to say anything" I say. "Well now you have to tell us. We won't tell anyone" Jughead says. I hang my head low, nauseated at the thought of having to explain what happened. "After Veronica and I broke up, her and Reggie became a secret thing. Not an actual relationship just... physical. And she ended up pregnant. She still was this morning but after this, I'm not sure" I say. Betty's eyes widen and so do Jughead's, "oh my gosh" she gasps. "Don't say anything" I say, they both nod in agreement. "Was she going to have the baby?" Jughead asks. I shake my head "no. She was just waiting for the right time to schedule the abortion" I say. "Veronica Lodge" another Doctor says, making the 3 of us and Veronica's parents stand up. We all walk to where she is standing so we can hear what she has to say. "Veronica suffered some intense injuries. The car crashed into her side of the car so she took most of the damage. She has a broken hand, and fractured ankle and shoulder. She suffered from blood loss, making us remove her spleen. She will need to stay here for a few weeks till she is better. Other than that she will be fine" the doctor says. Mr Lodge pulls the doctor aside, probably to ask about the baby. He comes back moments later and I do something I've been avoiding for the past 2 months, I approach him. "Mr Lodge" I say, making him turn around to face me. "What makes you think you can come here after what you did?" He asks. I nod my head "I know, I messed up, sir. I'm an idiot, and your daughter deserves better, I know that too. I just want to know if she is still... pregnant" I say the last part quietly so no one can hear. He glares at me "Surprisingly yes, the accident didn't cause her to lose the child" he says before giving me one last look of disgust before walking back to his wife.

"She's still pregnant" I say to Betty and Jughead. "How?" Betty asks, shocked. "I have no idea" I say while sitting down. I see Reggie's Mom walk out of the double doors and I stand up "I'll be back" I say, not waiting for them to respond. I approach her "Hi Mrs. Mantle. I was just curious as to how Reggie is" I say. She smiles slightly "he's alright. Awake but he has some broken bones. You can go see him if you'd like" she says. "Are you sure?" I ask, not wanting to push. "Yes, of course. Room 292" she says. I smile and nod, then walk off through the double doors. I approach the room and knock on the door, and enter without waiting for an answer. "Archie. You were the last person I expected to see" he says, still groggy. "I may be pissed at you beyond belief, but you're still my friend. I don't want you dead" I say. He nods his head "Thanks, man. How's Veronica?" He asks. "Not awake yet, but she'll be fine. She has a broken hand, and fractured her shoulder and ankle. They had to remove her spleen, she'll be here a few weeks" I say while pulling the chair forward and sitting in it. "Is she still..." he fizzles out, not wanting to say the p word. "Yes. Surprisingly" I say. He hangs his head low "I feel terrible. My actions have never actually had consequences till now. I'm a fucking idiot" he says. "Don't beat yourself up... let me do the beating" I say jokingly. He smirks "yeah well if anyone asks, I got this shiner from the accident. I won't throw you under the bus" he says. I nod "thanks" I say bluntly. "I should go, let you rest. Feel better man" I say. He smirks "thanks dude" he says, as I walk out of his room. Now, try to get into Ronnie's room to see her.

This was probably horrible 😂 I'm tired but I still wanted to update for you guys.