Chapter 33

I'm sorry this took so long. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas, this book started good but kind of flopped 😂

5 months later

Veronica's POV
"I can't believe we're graduating tomorrow" I say to Betty and Jughead as I lift Reign into her highchair. "I know, it's crazy. It feels like just yesterday was the first day of senior year" Betty says, smiling at Reign as she plays with her toys. "She's 11 months old today right?" Betty asks. I nod and smile at her, "yes. And she'll turn 1 in our new home in New York" I say as I sit down at the table. "Have you told Archie that you're leaving?" Jughead asks. I shake my head, "no. We just got to a point where we can talk again, I don't know how to tell him" I say. Betty nods her head, "yeah. Or who you're going with" she says, making me roll my eyes. "Reggie is coming with us because he got into NYU and he doesn't want to be away from Reign. Not because we're a thing" I say. Jughead scoffs, making Betty elbow him. "Just say it, Jughead" I sigh. He clears his throat, "let's think rationally, okay" he starts, "Archie is going to the University of Virginia on a full ride. You are going to Berkeley University in New York, where Reggie will be, the father of your child. Are you saying that at no time in the upcoming future will you be getting together with Reggie. Who will be in your life everyday, for the rest of your life?" He asks. I sigh and lean my head back, "well I didn't think of it like that" I say. Betty looks at Jughead, then back at me. "We'll go and give you time to think, we'll see you at the ceremony tomorrow" she says, standing up. I stand too and walk them to the door, "Bye, B" I say, hugging her goodbye. "Bye, Juggie" I say jokingly. He groans and hugs me goodbye, "Bye vv" he jokes, officially branding me with a nickname that only he can call me.

I walk into Pops with a hankering for a chocolate milkshake, probably the last one I'll have from here. I look to my left and see Archie sitting alone at a booth. He looks up from his phone and smirks at me, nodding me over to the table. I give him a small smile and walk through the dimly lit diner and sit down across from him. "Hey, Archiekins" I say, leaning my elbows on the table. "Hey Ronnie, avoiding graduation prep like I am?" he asks. I smirk, "so I'm guessing your mom is still driving you crazy?" I ask. He exhales dramatically and nods his head, "Yes. I just want tomorrow to be over so I can get ready to go to Virginia in the fall." He says. I nod and look down at the table. "Which is really far" he says quietly, making me look up. "Archie there is something I have to tell you" I say, making him narrow his eyes. "Is everything okay" he asks, there was no hiding the concern in his voice. I sigh, "I lied when I told you I was doing college online, I'm sorry I don't know why I couldn't just tell you the truth" I say. He nods, "okay, what is the truth? You can tell me anything" he says with a genuine smile. "I'm going to Berkeley University in New York... with Reggie" I say, "well not with him, but he will be there" I add, trying to make the situation slightly better, but judging by the look on Archie's face, it's not working. "Oh" he says bluntly, "Oh?" I ask, mocking him. "Look I have no right to be upset about this, but don't expect me to help you move or show up at yours and Reggie's engagement party" he says, pulling his wallet out to pay his bill. "Archie, Reggie and I aren't-" I start, but he cuts me off. "Not yet" he starts, "but you're moving to the same city, probably living in walking distance of each other for Reign's sake. And eventually you will decide life together is better than life apart, and you'll get together. I see it, Betty and Jughead see it, hell even Reggie sees it. The only person who doesn't see it is you" he says, before slapping a $20 bill on the table and leaving me behind in the diner.

This is kind of short but I want the graduation to be one whole chapter by itself. That should be up tomorrow 💕