4

Now in a peaceful and beautful place as Sydney you'd think I would be waking up to the sun streaming in through the curtains, birds chirping, and the slight sound of the waves crashing on the beach.

No.

I woke up to dark clouds, pouring rain, dogs barking and if the waves were crashing, there would be a tsunami. I couldn't complain though. I still had an hour to kill before my meeting with the headmaster, and in all honestly I'm still exhausted. Jetlag has struck once again! I checked the time on my phone to reveal that it was 9:30 a.m. If I was ever going to get used to this timezone difference I'd have to get up, I told myself. And that's exactly what I did.

I walked over to one of my suitcases and began to unpack. After a few minutes I had all my clothes on drawers on hangers. I pulled out a white long sleeve shirt advertising one of my favorite bands, All Time Low, a pair of tight ripped jeans and some ankle length combat boots. The rain had ceased, and the clouds were retreating. I tamed my long ringlets, brushed my teeth and got dressed. I wasn't one for makeup besides a little bit of mascara. I just didn't look good with it. Not that I looked any better without it. After pulling my bookbag around my shoulders, I grabbed a jacket and my phone and headed downstairs.

"Oh good you're ready! We're leaving in five minutes. Manny hurry up we've got places to be and people to see!" I walked into the kitchen and poured a glass of orange juice after greeting aunt Nina.

Soon I found myself in the passenger seat of aunt Nina's car as we headed off to my new school. "Manny will be waiting outside the office so he can walk you to class okay Storm?" Aunt Nina assured me. I felt a little better, but I was still nervous.

We entered the building which was bigger than I had expected it to be. "Mrs. Walters! How goo to see you again! This must be your niece, Storm I believe." A woman I had assumed to be the headmaster said, coming out of her office. "Dr. Reynolds it's always a pleasure. Yes this is Storm." Aunt Nina replied.

I reached out my hand to shake her. "Nice to meet you Dr. Reynolds", I said with a grin. She beamed. "Oh how delightful your accent is! We haven't had an American at our school in a long time! Come in we have a few things to discuss before you go off to class." We walked into her office and sat down. She explained to me how things will be different than my old school and routines, dress code, tolerance and whatnot. She handed me my schedule and I was off to my first day at West Sydney High.

short i know bleh