13

We oulled up to the house where I assumed the party would be taking place. My heart was beating a million times minute. I don' t know why I was so anxious about this party. Probably because I had never been to one like this.

I think Luke could sense my stiffness because he asked, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head slightly. "I havent been to any kind of parties like this. I'm just a little anxious." He took my hand and gave it a light squeeze. "We'll be with you the whole time. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. I won't leave you tonight if you feel anxious" He said with a reassuring smile.

I instantly felt better after hearing this from him. It was nice to have friends like them. Even though i had only really known them for a week, it felt like much longer. I wasn't used tyo being treated nicely by people my agae, especially not attractive guys like them, but hopefully my anxiety wouldn't mess things up.

"You ready? The guys just went in. We can stay out here for a little while longer if you want to. I don't really care." I laughed a little, touched at his concern,"No we can go inside now. I'll be fine."

As soon as we enterd the house, the pugnant smell of alcohol, and smoke hit my nose. I nearly gaged at the scent, for i had never taken a drink or a smoke in my life. I wasn't the party type back home.

We had been walking around for a few minutes, and I'd became accoustomed to the smell. Many people were coming up to Luke, girls especially, telling him how great the show was. He was more popular than i had thought.

I needed to loosen up a bit. Or maybe a lot. "Luke take me to the kitchen. i want a drink". He chuckled a bit. "No way. You aren not drinking tonight. You can have some apple juice though." He said with a smirk. I wasn't one to back down though. "Luke. I. Want. Alcohol. Now."

I don't think i was intimidating as I was in my head because Luke began to chuckle yet again. "No Storm I'm not letting you get wasted at you first party." I gave him my best puppy eyes and said, "I won't get wasted. I just need to get a little loose."

After much more begging and pleading he finally caved. "Ughh fine. One drink and that's it. Come on." I cheered in excitement, happy to have defeated him. We entered the kitchen and took a seat on the counter and watched as Luke made a concoction of drinks before me. "Here you go."

I took a hasty sip only to realize there was hardly any alcohol in it. i passed the cup back to him. "Luke I am not a child. Give me more." He sighed but did as he was told. I then took a big gulp and tried not to show the burning sensation in my throat.

"Vokda, Tequila and fruit punch. My specialty." He said with a smirk. "I think you're trying to kill me Lucas." I said only half joking.

"Well you wanted alcohol, so I gave you alcohol." I couldn't argue with that. "Point taken Hemmings. It's actually pretty good. Let's go find the guys."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later:

I had lost count of how many of Luke's drinks I'd had. I didn't even know where he or the rest of the guys were. I was too drunk to even notice.

I soon saw Calum and Luke on outside on the porch. I stumbled, and tripped my way through the crowd until i reached them.

"Heeeeeeeey guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuysssss." They gave me a weird look. I don't know why. I was having a shit ton of fun.

"Storm. How much have you had to drink tonight?" Calum asked me.

"Calum I can't hear you your other face is talking too much." I'd lost control of what came out of my mouth by my third drink. "What? Storm! How much have you had to drink tonight?"

I began to count on my fingers, trying my best to concentrate, but the booze was blinding my mind. "A lot." I finally said. Luke sighed. "Cal we cannot take her home like this. Manny hates me enough. He'd kill me if I brought her home drunk."

"Guuuuuuyyyyyyys I'm not drunk I'm fiiiiiiiiiiine." I said, soon tripping over my feet and falling face first onto the ground. I soon felt two strong arm lift me up and carry me bridal style. "Luuuuuuuuke put me down I want another driiiiiiiink." He shook his head vigurously. "No more drinks for you tonight. You're staying at mine tonight. You cannot go home like this. Cal's gonna go get the guys, and I'm taking the car."

I began to feel an awful sensation in my stomach as he sat me in the passenger seat. "Luke..." He gave me a weary look. "Are you gonna puke babe?" I nodded and jumped out of the car. I began to throw up everything but my childhood memories, and Luke held my hair back as I did so.

When I'd finished and begun to sober up. I texted Manny.

Me: Hey manny. I'm staying at a new friend's house tonight. Tell your mom. Hope she doesn't mind.

Manny: She said that was okay, glad you're making more friends. See you tomorrow.

I felt a bit bad about lying, but I knew I could not go home like this.

"Luke why did you let me drink tonight?"