15

Once Luke had driven off, we began to decide on a place to eat.

"Luuuke I want pancakes!" He rolled his eyes, "Well maybe I want cheeseburgers." "It's ten-thirty in the morning!"

"Perfect time for cheeseburgers, I think."

After much more bickering he finally caved and took me to a pancake house. "You should feel so special. The closest pancake house is an hour away."

"But you love me so it's worth it right?" I said, batting my eyelashes at him. "Pfffft whatever."

After about ten minutes the silence became too much for my anxiety to handle, so I turned on the radio to calm my nerves.

Hello there the angel from my nightmare. The shadow in the background of the morgue...

"Ughhhh I love this song!" I heard Luke scream from the driver seat. "Me too. Blink is one of my favorite bands", I said before singing quietly to the tune.

"Where are you? And I'm so sorry. I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight..."

Luke soon jumped in to harmonize with me. "I need somebody and always. This sick strange darkness comes creeping on so haunting every time..."

His voice was mesmerizing as usual. It was just another thing that drew me closer to him even more. I couldn't even deny his attractiveness either.

But who was I kidding? A guy like that could never want a girl like me.

A depressed
Blindingly ugly
Annoying
Short
Fat chick like me.

"Storm? Storm? STORM! Are you alright?"

My head snapped up. "Y-yeah I'm great!" I said, lying straight through my teeth. "Are you sure babe? You zoned out for a good ten minutes."

I assured him that I was 'fine'. I always do this. I can never let myself be happy, can I? I mean I never had a chance with him anyways. He's probably got tons of girls, better than me up his ass. Let's face it; I'm a weed in a garden full of roses.

___________________________

Luke's POV

I glanced over at Storm from time to time after we entered the restaurant. Every time I asked her if something was wrong she denied it. I could see it in her eyes though that she was lying.

Her eyes were always such a vibrant green; one thing that I really like about her. It just contrasts her darker skin so beautifully. But now they were a darker shade. I wasn't oblivious like most people were to notice when someone was hurting.

And it's obvious that she is. I just want her to let me in so I can help her somehow.

The way she just stared off into space as she ate her pancakes was a bit painful to watch. "Storm are you sure you're okay?" I already knew the answer to that. "Yeah Luke", she answered with a fake smile, "I'm great".

Lies lies lies. I reached across the table, grabbed her hand and whispered to her, "I know you're not, but that's okay. Let's just have a fun time today, huh?"

She smiled at me. A genuine, beautiful smile. Her eyes lit back up once again. "Okay Luke. Why don't you show me around Sydney? I haven't had any time to go sight seeing."

___________________________

Storm's POV:

Luke was currently showing me his favorite stores in town.

"This is Ricky's. It's a music shop. The boys and I usually go in there to hang out after school. Ashton's cousin owns it, so we get a discount", he said as he led me into the store.

I was greeted with many guitars, pianos and basses scattered all around the store. "Hey! Hemmings what's up man?" A man that couldn't have been older than twenty-five said.

"Hey Ricky! Just showing a new friend around. She's from New York."

"Ooh an American. I'm Ricky, nice to meet you..."

"Storm. My name is Storm", I said while shaking his hand.

"That's a lovely name. What brings you to Sydney?"

I gave him the same excuse that I gave the boys. "Just some studying abroad. I've always wanted to travel."

"That's great. Oh! Luke I've got that amp for Calum, wanna get it to him for me? And tell Ash he still owes me for the new drumsticks!"

We soon left Ricky's with a new amplifier for Cal and a death threat on Ashton. After showing me some more local hangouts, Luke took me for ice cream.

"Thank you for today Lukey."

"What are you thanking me for, love? I didn't do much", he said with a chuckle.

"Just for distracting me. I've been going through... a lot you could say. I had fun today. Like real fun. I haven't had that in a while, so thanks."

"Anytime babe", he said with his signature wink that made me fall for him even more.