This is Your Fate

"I found it! I found it!" A child said. "Run!" All the children ran towards the tree. The children touched the tree and Chuuya ran up touching it.

"What the heck..."

"What..."

A boy pushed Chuuya down on the ground. "Chuuya, move!"

"He touched our tree." A girl complained.

"It's going to have bad luck." Another boy said. The boy then spit on the tree. "My mom said if something has bad luck, I should do this."

All the kids then spit on the tree.

"Hey, hey. Let's just go play somewhere else."

"Okay, let's go."

Chuuya sat on the ground sadly, and then he looked up at the tree. And he gently touched the tree and rubbed his hand against it. "I'm sorry. Because I touched you, the kids don't want to be around you anymore."

Chuuya said with tears in his eyes and then he pulled away. Chuuya looked down and noticed his hand was bleeding. A demon caught the whiff of his precious blood. And she sat perched on the tree.

"Hey." The demon waved. "Play with me." She smiled and Chuuya looked at her curiously.

"Did you call me?"

"You have a good scent to you. Come play with me." She said as she extended her hand out and Chuuya reached out for hers.

"Come." The demon said grabbing Chuuya's hand and she was lifting him up off the ground. But suddenly Chuuya's ankles were grabbed.

"He's my son! Let go!" The woman with ginger hair (Colette) demanded.

The demon and Chuuya's mother fought over him. And in the end a mother's love conquers all, Colette made the demon disappear and pulled Chuuya down. Colette put her hands on Chuuya's cheeks and looked him over.

"Mon beau, are you okay?" Colette looked at Chuuya's bleeding hand and sighed. "You were hurt badly."

Colette sighed sadly and she pulled a band-aid out of her coat pocket, putting it over the blood

Colette sighed sadly and she pulled a band-aid out of her coat pocket, putting it over the blood. "From now on, always be careful so you don't bleed."

"Mama, do I always have to hide myself?" Chuuya asked sadly.

Colette pulled Chuuya into her arms, and she rubbed her hands softly through his ginger curls. "No, someone is going to appear to protect mon beau." She pulled back kissing his forehead and smiling.

"Until then, our Chuuya, you have to live well with courage. Since that person's fate is to protect you."

Colette said smiling before she disappeared.

*

"Let's see." Dazai said grabbing Chuuya's arm. Dazai started patching up Chuuya's arm. "You need to bandage yourself well. If they smell your blood, they will keep coming."