You Came

Chuuya went to go take it off but then he put Dazai's wrist down. "You have never let me feel scared, lonely, or miserable. Osamu, please help me... I'll believe you'll follow me..." Chuuya let go of his hand and he ran off back to his apartment. Chuuya ran as fast as he could. He wouldn't lose his dad. Not like this. And he trusted Dazai to come and protect him, just as he always did.

Dazai and Fyodor stared each other down while Chuuya ran quickly to save Oda. Damn it, why must everything always be so difficult?! Dazai thought.

"Even if Chuuya runs to him, it will be too late." Dazai stated. "He will die."

"He won't die." Fyodor called his bluff. "Because we both know you'll go save him before things go south, because you don't want to see Chuuya hurt."

"I'm not going."

"Hey. You don't have a choice." Fyodor's eyes turn bright red. "Because you can't bare to see him scared, lonely, or miserable. And that's why you will never... let anything that will make him feel sad happen. Do you think you can stand seeing him crying?"

Dazai thought for a moment how heartbreaking for Chuuya it would be if he was to walk in on Oda dead. Dazai felt the geumganggo activate, and it was twisting around his heart, and the thought of Chuuya shedding one tear broke his heart.

"Just think about it breaks your heart, doesn't it?" Fyodor said dramatically.

Dazai felt a tear slip down his face and he sighed, trying to brush it off. "No. I'm fine."

"Gosh, look at you." Fyodor said, wiping the tear from Dazai's eye. "You're not fine."

Dazai touched his cheek and he was shocked.

"Chuuya's pain is your pain Dazai. If he feels sad, you'll feel pain."

Realization hits Dazai. "Does this mean I'll be in pain like this everytime he cries? Why would I? Why?!"

Fyodor makes his hand into a heart. "Love of course."

*

Oda was tying his shoe as he hummed and the zombie kept coming towards him. She was so close to reaching him, until Dazai yanked her back by the shoulder viciously and threw her to the side. Dazai rested his hand on the wall loudly and it startled Oda.

"What the hell? You're the guy from that day!"

"Get out." Dazai demanded.

"Pardon?" Oda said annoyed.

"I said get out."

"Why? This is my son's house!"

Dazai walked up to Oda and Oda was backed into a corner and Dazai was truly at his wits end. "Because I said so. Get out!" Dazai grabbed Oda's shirt and he tossed Oda out of the door and then slammed it.

"Hey! Oi!!"

Dazai sighed annoyed and then he looked at the zombie girl. "Now, what should we do with you?"

*

"Dad!"

Chuuya ran over to Oda and he hugged him tightly and Oda hugged him back. "Hey... what's wrong?"

"Nothing... I'm just glad you're okay."

"Don't go inside. There is a strange man in your house."

So he did come... Chuuya thought.

Chuuya smiled. "Don't worry. It's my friend Dazai. He just needed a place to crash for the day." Chuuya reassured him. "You should head home. I'm sure mom and the kids are waiting."

"Uh... yeah I guess I should."

"Good night Dad." Chuuya said, kissing his cheek. "Love you!"

"...Good night. Love you too kiddo..." Oda was thinking he should be concerned but after having Chuuya for a while. He realized not to pry too much. The ginger always confided in them in the end. Chuuya walked into the living room and he smiled as he saw Dazai.

"Dazai, you came."

Dazai raised his hands in defeat. "This Geumganggo is more powerful than I expected. It's like Devil King Fyodor told you. Your problem is my problem. I'll probably have to clean up after your mistakes a lot. I'm the great sage equal to Heaven. I'm not supposed to look after a mere human being. I can't believe I got involved in this mess."

"I'm sorry. It's like I'm dragging you down to protect my life. I have no excuse even if you hate me."

"I should hate you, but I don't." Dazai leaned up and he gently reached out and put a strand of Chuuya's loose hair behind his ear.

"It was wise of you that you didn't take this Geumganggo off me. If you did, I definitely..." Dazai's eyes turned bright red with hunger. "...would have eaten you up."

To Be Continued...