Unreasonable Terms

"Enough!" Mori says frustrated. "I get where you are both coming from. But if anything shouldn't you be working together? You both want the same thing. To change what happened. You can't go back in the past, but at least you can change the future. You both should focus on that, and remember why you're tied together in the first place."

Dazai and Fyodor both rolled their eyes.

"Let me sort it out for you on behalf of everyone in the spiritual realm. Why don't we settle this by adding one more clause to this contract? Let's make it a fixed term. We'll make this contract valid only until the day Sam Jang completes his mission. Dazai Osamu will be set free the day that Sam Jang's mission is completed. What do you think? If you focus on earning your points until then, you'll definitely become a deity."

Fyodor sighs. "Well, it's not a bad idea."

Dazai disagrees. "I don't feel like it. I feel like I'm not getting anything out of it."

"You've done a lot of bad deeds." Mori stated. "You'll be forgiven for all of them, and you'll be able to drink again. You have nothing to lose."

"What if I don't care about that?"

"...You can't change the past Dazai. No matter how much you want to. This is fate, it's been written and chosen, give up."

Dazai sighs. "Do you promise this will be removed once Sam Jang completes his mission?"

"Yes." Mori said honestly.

"Then you also have to promise one more thing before I agree." Dazai says leaning forward.

*

"The decision he is making is reckless." Fyodor says speaking to Nikolai.

"Love does that. It changes you. You should know better than anyone as well. I know all those years ago if you could have changed what happened. You would have given your life for Chuuya's."

Fyodor nods. "You're right I would have."

"You and the Great Sage may not agree on a lot of things. But you both want the same when it comes down to Chuuya. Just for him to live happy and healthy, and there is nothing wrong with that." Nikolai says smiling.

*

Back at the shop Fyodor and Chuuya visited for the Geumganggo. The pot Chuuya looked into kept crying.

"That pot keeps crying these days." Kyouka says annoyed as she plays her game. "It sounds ominous."

Yosano sighed worriedly. "Is there a disaster coming to the human realm?" Yosano walked away and the pot started to crack terribly.

*

Chuuya was sitting at home reading through the contract he made with Fyodor. Chuuya flipped through the papers and he sighed as he remembered what Dazai had said.

"Basically, you sold me out to the Devil King."

"Should I have removed the Geumganggo for him?"

"If you did, I would've killed you immediately."

Chuuya shaked his head remembering his words. "It's good I didn't get it off him." Chuuya walked over to his clothing line and he unpinned the now clean plushy Dazai gave him from the line, and held it in front of himself. "In exchange, I won't call you unless it's urgent." He put the plushy back on the clothing line, and he sighed and walked away.

*

Dazai was sitting in his personal room of solitude and he was looking through all the bottles of alcohol he had collected so far. Dazai was polishing the bottles one by one.

"I'll drink all of these as soon as they repeal the prohibition." Dazai nodded confidently. "I can wait as long as there is an end to it." Dazai blew air on to his bottle of alcohol and kept polishing.

*

Fyodor on the other hand was polishing his bull statue, he blew air on to it, and rubbed in a circular motion.

"I'll turn over half the ownership of my house. Let's get it back later no matter what. I won't let that stupid monkey have his way." He said annoyed.

To Be Continued...