Knowing Your Worth

Kouyou hugs Chuuya tightly and she smiles as she kisses the top of his head. "I've missed you, you've gotten so handsome." She smiled sweetly as she cupped his face. "You should visit more often." She scolded. "You're my only son and I hardly see you Chuuya."

"I know Mama

"I know Mama. I'm sorry..."

"Just make sure you start to visit more often." Kouyou said before going back into the kitchen to cook.

"Should I be worried...?" Chuuya asked.

"No. You know your mother is just teasing." Oda chuckles. "She just misses you is all. And she worries about you. We've come a long way with you." Oda smiles.

"Yeah... you have." He smiles back.

"I love you kiddo." Oda smiles and kisses his forehead. "Me and your mother just want you to always be happy. Remember that."

*

*

Chuuya sighed as he sat at his desk. "Geez, what should I do...?"

Chuuya looked at his phone, and it was a message from Fyodor saying "deposit 5 million yen". Chuuya went to a credit union just a few blocks away from his work he sat at the desk as the woman ran it through the machine.

"Here you go. That's 5 million yen in new bills."

"I'm sorry, but I can't touch the money myself."

"Sorry?"

"I'd appreciate it if you put the money in an envelope and in here." Chuuya said opening the bag. The woman did as instructed and Chuuya closed the bag and left the bank. Chuuya was walking down the street and he saw an older woman dusting bags of colorful popcorn. Chuuya smiled and the woman turned around.

"Excuse me Oji, can I get a bag of freshly popped popcorn?"

She nodded and turned around to grab Chuuya a bag. "It'll be good since I just popped it." She smiled. "You must love this."

"My Mama does. I'm getting it for her." Chuuya smiled.