Denial

Chuuya sighed as he was sitting in the comfort of his office immersed in a good book. Chuuya looked up from his book as he heard his office door open.

Oda smiled as he walked in. "Lunch. Straight from your mother's kitchen."

"Mm. That's the best kind. Definitely beats any restaurant meal." Chuuya smiled. "Thanks Dad."

"Dad... Haven't heard that one since you were ten. I actually missed you saying it you little brat." Oda said ruffling his hair and Chuuya laughed.

"Well I'll start saying it more often again then." Chuuya said smiling at Oda. Oda smiled back and he left the lunch walking back out into the open office space. Chuuya pulled out his bento and he opened it up. He looked up getting a bit startled.

"Are you eating alone?" Dazai asked,

"Gosh! You startled me!" Chuuya said sighing annoyed.

"You're not lonely?"

"More like used to it. Why are you here Osamu? I didn't call for you." Chuuya said narrowing his eyes.

"I know that." Dazai sighed. "It's just that the flower still blooms even after the rock is shattered."

"What?"

"Call me from now on. Call out my name whenever you're eating. I don't want you to be alone. I'll keep you company. You have to call me, okay? I'll be waiting." Dazai said smiling. "I bet you won't be able to get me off your mind. You'll think of me even when you just pick up your spoon."

Chuuya scoffed. "I won't think of you and I will not call you. Don't flatter yourself Mackerel. Leave now."

Dazai sighed. "I'll see you the next mealtime then. It's rice with beans, and beef. Enjoy."

Dazai disappeared and Chuuya rolled his eyes. When he removed his top off the bento his beans were rearranged in the shape of a heart. "He surely can do all sorts of things." He sighed. Chuuya picked up his fork and he started eating.

*

Chuuya after lunch had attended some business he had to take care of. When he came back after his errand, he opened his office door and Dazai was sitting in the chair waiting for him again. Chuuya looked surprised.

"Oi... Why are you here again? I didn't call you."

"I didn't come here for no reason. I was in the area and wanted to stop by to drop something off." He admitted.

Chuuya sighed and sat down. "Okay... What?"

"It doesn't look like you want my company. So..." Dazai said pulling a stuffed animal from behind his back. It was a red monkey plushie, with annoyed expression. "You should eat with this guy at least?"

"What is that?"

"He's Dazai Osamu number two." He said poking the plushie's face.

"Isn't one quite enough?" Chuuya replied.

"Ah, Chuuya's so mean and ungrateful!"

"I'm speechless. Truly."

"Is it childish? Is it making you cringe? You can't take it, right? Just take this off for me, then." Dazai said extending out his arm with the Geumganggo.

" Dazai said extending out his arm with the Geumganggo