I Believe In You(Us)

"Open this for me." Chuuya demanded as he raised the beer can.

"Sure thing. I love you, remember?"

Dazai takes it and opens the beer, and he gives it back to Chuuya and he takes a sip of it. He sighed. "Thank you... for sitting here with me."

Dazai looked at Chuuya and he smiled. "Of course."

"Ah, right your mother. Didn't you used to live with your mother?"

Chuuya looked surprised. "You remember I told you that? I remember I invited you over to meet my mom, but you bailed out on me."

Dazai sighed. "Those were the good days. I could actually bail."

"I miss those days too

"I miss those days too. Back then... I actually had my mother with me." Chuuya sighed. "But I'm thankful. I have Oda-san and Kouyou-san, and they have been just like a mother and father as well. And they've been great to me... no matter how much I fought them. They never gave up." Chuuya smiled.

Dazai took a snack from Chuuya and he held it in his hand

Dazai took a snack from Chuuya and he held it in his hand. "Tell your mother to enjoy it."

"Ha...?" Chuuya just indulged him. "Mama, please enjoy."

Dazai blew on it and he sent it into the sky. Chuuya looked at him stunned and Dazai sent more into the sky.

"Thank you Dazai..."

"If so, take this off for me." Dazai said lifting his wrist.

"I'm sorry, but I really can't. I made a deal with the Devil King. I have to repay Fyodor for the Geumganggo. In order to do so, I need your help."

Fyodor was sitting in his chair in his private room. The wall slid back revealing a picture of a loved one.

You are burdened with someone who needs saving.

Wait a little while longer, my dear. Wait for me. It won't be long."

Dazai scoffed. "You sold me out to the Devil King."

"I never meant to. He said I had a mission as Sam Jang. Once I complete it, I can become an ordinary person. Please Osamu... Just protect me until that day comes. These past few days, I felt less lonely and reassured, knowing that you'll come for me. You are like my family, my friend, my boyfriend. Anyway, I'm happy to have... someone like that."

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this misfortune is what brought us together. Have you forgotten that?" I'm sorry Chuuya. I didn't mean that... I wish you remembered. "Even now, I have a feeling something awful is going to happen."

The talisman Dazai placed on the zombie fell off. Oda just then was walking into Chuuya's apartment. "Damn it. What if it's not here?" Oda said, slipping off his shoes. The zombie heard Oda and was going for him. Oda was looking around the kitchen, and he sighed as he picked up his phone and keys. "Thank goodness."

"What?! What do you mean my Dad is in danger?!"

"That's right. He'll probably be ripped to pieces."

"You can't let that happen! You have to go in there and save him!"

"Why should I? I just have to protect you as per our deal!"

Chuuya got angered. "If you don't go in there I will go myself! I won't let my Dad die!"

Oda walked towards the door and he was kneeling down and slipping his shoes back on. The zombies saw Oda.

"Take this annoying shit off if you want your Dad saved."

Chuuya was about to take the bracelet off. Fuck rules. His Dad mattered more.

"Don't do it." Fyodor said interrupting. Chuuya turned around and looked at him.

"What are you doing?" Dazai said. "Remove this."

"You don't have to do that Chuuya. Go save your Dad. The Great Sage will naturally follow." Fyodor smirked.

"I only protect you

"I only protect you. I don't protect anyone else. If you don't do as I say, he will die."

Fyodor pulled Chuuya over to him and he gently caressed his cheek. "Chuuya, you should believe in the power of the Geumganggo."

Dazai angrily grabbed Chuuya's arm. "Take it off Chuuya!"

Chuuya went to go take it off but then he put Dazai's wrist down. "You have never let me feel scared, lonely, or miserable. Osamu, please help me... I believe you'll follow me..." Chuuya let go of his hand and he ran off back to his apartment. Chuuya ran as fast as he could. He wouldn't lose his Dad. Not like this. And he trusted in Dazai to come and protect him, just as he always did.

To Be Continued...