eighteen

10 days later.

I leant over the toilet seat, the feeling of Ethan's large hands scooping up my hair out of my face felt from behind.
The second I'd finished throwing up for the third time this morning, I wiped the back of my mouth, sliding back against the wall in defeat.
I rested my elbows against my knees, my head in my hands as it pounded heavily.
The sound of the toilet flushing, and the seat closing rang throughout my ears way louder than it should have, making me look up. Ethan was sat on the cover, looking down at me with furrowed eyebrows.
" how are you feeling? " He asked me dumbly as he rubbed my back, making my eyes snap up to his.
I gave him an annoyed look, my lips parted.
" brilliant " I groaned, holding my stomach in my hands out of pure agony, feeling the need to throw up again, any second.
I heard the boy beside me chuckle, shaking his head at my words.
" you've been throwing up non stop, but you still haven't lost your sarcasm " He smirked.
The second I saw his signature smirk the memories of our amazing night flooded my mind, the way he smirked at me when I straddled his hips, kissing all the way down his bare chest, leaving marks.
The thought made my eyes go wide and my heart drop to the ground, my hand instantly grabbing onto his to catch his attention.
" ethan? " I practically choked up on my words, the boy turning to me with an innocent smile.
" yeah, syd? " He responded, his eyes searching for any emotion in my eyes.
I knew that he'd found it, as the smile left his lips, and his hand reached out for mine. He knew I was shocked, even scared, and so he listened carefully, a look of pure worry on his face.
" did we use a condom? " Was all I managed to say, awaiting my answer.
When I didn't get a response I buried my head back into my hands, hearing the boy sigh in defeat. That was all I needed to know what his answer was.
I couldn't remember all of the details, and so I lifted my head, the slightest bit of hope in my voice as I spoke.
" well, did you pull- " I began, being cut off by Ethan's anxious and shaky voice.
" uh, no. I did not "
My heart dropped once again, the whole room spinning. I was beyond shocked, and so was Ethan. I could've just had a stomach bug, but my gut was telling me that a stomach bug, was long gone off the radar.
Ethan sat down beside me against the bathroom floor, his arms engulfing me, pulling me close to his chest. I could hear his heart beating heavily against it, his actions all informing me what he thought. I could tell that was he was thinking, was exactly the same as me.

We had it in our gut.
And boy, did we hope our gut was wrong.