epilogue 2

may 14th, 2015.

ethan's pov.

I walked through the hallways with my head hanging low, the stare of my fellow classmates burning through my back. I didn't dare look, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd only just returned, everyone was shocked.

My eyes trailed to my locker as soon as I reached it, the faint marking of spray paint had stained it. Mark, the captain of the soccer team, had sprayed: vine freaks, on both mine and my brother's lockers, and it wouldn't wash off.

" who did this? " Gray turned to me with red cheeks, clearly embarrassed as he stared at our lockers.
I shook my head, my jaw clenching as I shrugged my shoulders, however I had a few guesses. The laughter of people passing through the hallway echoed as they looked at us, some even filming the moment, taking photos.
Before I could even attempt to answer my brother's question, a loud and obnoxious voice echoed through the hall, my eyes prickling with tears, which I blinked away in an instant.

" you're nothing! just worthless little vine freaks, you'll never make it "

I gulped as I stared at it, the tears daring to escape my eyes as I thought back to what Mark had said, when he crushed our dreams as fast as he could. Because of him, my brother was no longer here, and I thought that he'd at least feel a little bit guilty for that. But boy, was I wrong.
The voice of the man himself sounded in my ears, my attention leaving my locker, to the boy behind me.
" your bro's gone now, whatcha gonna do? " he taunted with a cackle, his words so disturbing, so vile.
I shook my head at him, shocked by his actions. I thought that maybe he'd cut it out, or maybe even have the slightest bit of sympathy for me. But no, he didn't.
For once, however, the mutters of other students in disgust of his words surrounded me, all of them glaring at the bully in disbelief.
I couldn't even find the courage to speak, I just stared at him in anger, my blood boiling as I thought back to finding my twin brother in his room just weeks ago, not breathing, lifeless, and pale. All because of his words, his actions, and what he'd put us through.
" awh, your little brother used to do all the talking for you, didn't he? " He smirked, folding his arms across his broad chest in triumph.
What he didn't see, was the blood boiling throughout my body, my eyes turning dark and anger filled, and my nostrils flaring as I held myself back. I didn't want any trouble, I didn't want to get suspended for getting in a fight with a guy who's dad is the principal. I hated violence, I'd never been one for it.

My eyes scanned across the circle which was now forming around the two of us, most people looking at me in fear, in sympathy. However, my brown, emotionless orbs suddenly landed on the petite girl I found myself always watching in the diner, her petite frame squeezing through the crowd. I didn't even know she went to this school, but her long dark hair swayed from side to side as she headed past, and her gorgeous green eyes grabbed my attention like they always did, as she headed towards her first lesson. She'd obviously just transferred, she looked lost. I would've known if she went here. I would never forget a girl like her.

I couldn't even stop myself before I'd turned on my heel, about to head after her, maybe even speak to her. I had no clue where the sudden confidence came from, but for some reason I was drawn to her, just like I always had been in the diner. I wanted to speak to her, have her cure all of my pain.
That was until the boy I hated with all of my gut's voice, was loud and clear, making me stop, frozen in my tracks.

If only I'd went after her.

"why did he do it? couldn't handle the truth?"
That was all it took for me to let out a grunt, storming towards him with my fists curled into balls. Everyone's eyes went wide as I threw myself at him, my hands making contact with his face as I punched him over and over again, curses and grunts of anger and pain leaving my lips as I did so. He couldn't even fight back, he'd never seen me react like this, no one had. Not once, had I ever raised a hand to this bully, but now I had, and I was unstoppable.
" dude, stop! It's okay, please! " a random guy from his team tried to grab me, screaming for me to stop, though I could tell he knew Mark deserved it. Then why didn't you stop him before?
My shaky hands pushed him away, as I continued to kick and punch at the boy, who attempted to hit back. He did nothing, his bloody lip and scratched face looking as painful as ever. I let out one last shout, almost a cry of pain, emotional pain, before I threw him to the ground, watching him fall against the hard tile floor, his head hitting the ground harshly.
The hallway was silent, you could have heard a pin drop. That was until I realised what I did, the second the blood started spilling from the side of his head, and the second I was tackled to the floor. I'd killed him.

______________________________

this makes me upset