epilogue 3

three years later.

I held my new born close to my arms, stroking her head with a smile. Bailey was nearly three years old, and she'd been a handful. She was amazing though, and everything was going great.

I placed her down into the crib and got her comfy, kissing her head as she prepared to go down for a nap. It was two in the afternoon, but all this beautiful girl did was eat, and sleep.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a knock at my front door, looking back at my little girl before heading out of the room. I closed the door behind me, heading through my small flat and going straight towards the front door.
I fumbled with the keys for a while before inserting them into the lock, unlocking it. I'd gotten used to locking doors.
As soon as I pulled it open I was greeted with my fiancé's face, a grin spreading across his lips as he pulled me into his arms.
" you forgot your key again, didn't you? " I giggled, raising my head to look up into his deep hazel eyes with a smile.
" of course! when do i not, syd " Ethan smirked, entering the home with his arm wrapped around me.
He placed the groceries down on the counter, before turning towards me with a smile.
" where's bailey? " He asked me, as I nodded towards her room.
Ethan laughed, taking my hand, even though it was a three second walk to where she was.
" all she does is sleep... she's basically you in a babies body " He commented as he pushed open the door, until I smacked his chest.
" shh, don't wake her " I whispered, following behind him as he bent down at her crib, the little girl's eyes fluttering open anyway.
She was quick to shuffle around, balancing herself in her crib as she threw her arms out.
" daddy!! " she squealed excitedly as he took her into his arms, throwing her in the air.
I grinned as I watched the pair, my arms crossed against my chest as I enjoyed the view.

I admired Ethan in every way, just the way he was in general, especially with our daughter, amazed me. He treats her like a princess, and doesn't fail to bring a smile to my face.

We were our own little family, and I didn't want to lose that. Ethan nearly left once, and it wasn't going to happen again.