{11}

Edited: 8-10-19

Author's POV: 28 August, 2035

"Guys, my fucking burrito won't wrap," Jackson groaned, as he continued to struggle with his burrito.

"No one cares about your fucking burrito," Mark rolled his eyes.

"Hey," Jackson held up a hand. "Don't disrespect the burrito."

"That's it!" Jungkook exclaimed bursting through the doors to the meeting room.

Mark and Jackson awkwardly looked at the right hand. He seemed to be fuming in pride. Jungkook dropped a pile of papers onto the desk.

"Jungkook?" Mark asked. "What are you doing?"

"I've found out how we're getting Jimin back."

Jackson and Mark both looked at each other then at Jungkook. They quietly awaited his explanation.

~

"So um, I suppose there's no getting me out of here?" Jimin said as he sat with his back towards the wall. His one knee was bent and his arm rested on it.

"Not a chance." Namjoon said.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Oh."

Namjoon rolled his eyes.

Jimin sat still in his spot, not daring to move a muscle. He wasn't scared of Namjoon. He had lost all the respect for the older. How could you so easily turn from the group of people you've known all your life? How can you betray people you consider brothers, without a sense of remorse? Jimin couldn't understand, but evil isn't to be understood.

Other questions graced Jimin's mind.

Are they looking for me?

Do they know I'm gone?

Have I been a burden to them?

How long do I have to be here?

Where's Jungkook?

The Variant buried his head in his knees. He couldn't even face Namjoon anymore. The only thing Jimin felt towards him was anger, and a sense of vengeance.

Jimin wasn't stupid. He didn't know what the Crypt wanted from him, but he knew that if he was weak for a half a second, he could be chained and experimented on: because Jimin's death would only be the start of a far greater violence.

But the Crypt agents weren't stupid either. All of them knew the extent of Jimin's power, knew he could destroy buildings and take lives with a simple stare. If Jimin wanted to, he could destroy everyone here. His only limitations were the steel bars with little to no privacy. The steel bars weaken his powers. If Jimin somehow got angry, maybe, just maybe he could get out on his own.

Hours had passed by, Namjoon had been long gone to attend to some 'work.' Jimin began to feel frail. He laid down on the cold, hard concrete, floor that he had become so accustomed to. He let out a warm sigh.

"Would you like a blanket?" A beautiful voice said. Jimin sat up, recognising the voice. He smiled in relief realising the girl had brought him a blanket and pillow.

"Yeri... that's your name isn't it?" Jimin said, eyeing the girl.

She nodded, handing him the blanket and pillow through the bars. He mumbled a thanks and wrapped himself in the blanket.

"Jimin..." She kneeled down in front of the cell. She tilted her head to the side, staring at the Variant.

"Your skin looks much more pale than it did when you came here." She took his hand through the bars and turned it over, looking at his palm and wrist.

"I haven't really have much food or anything since I've been here either... plus, ice and you know..." Jimin said awkwardly, as he retrieved his hand from the girl's grasp.

There was an uncomfortable silence that fell like a blanket in the room. Jimin looked up and down at the walls pretending to be interested in them, but they were plain, stone walls. Not much to be interested in there.

"I'm sorry." Yeri blurted. "I'm really trying to get you out of here... I just... can't make it obvious."

Jimin sighed.

"Look, I don't know if I can accept your proposal... like I said before, I don't know you or your intentions. I can't just accept your help and in return take you to Verticile..." He said quietly.

"Right..." Yeri looked down. Little did Jimin know, she was actually doing it from the good of her heart. She didn't want to see him in there, she didn't want to be there herself. She was bored of the same thing everyday, the same routine, the same meals, the same everything.

"I'll... still help you escape. You don't need to take me with you. I just know that I don't want you in here... you don't deserve it in here." Yeri stood to leave, Jimin's eyes staying on the girl as she left the room.

This is going to be one hell of a ride...