{17}

Edited: 8-29-19

Author's POV: 8 September, 2035

"Don't you guys ever give up?"

All heads turned toward the voice. Their eyes widened in pure disbelief.

"N-Namjoon?" Hoseok stuttered and felt weak. He would've collapsed on the ground if it weren't for Jennie standing next to him. Jungkook was worried for Hoseok, but he turned his head back towards Namjoon. So it was true. He really had betrayed them. Someone Jungkook even considered his brother, had gone and betrayed him.

"Where's Jimin?" Jungkook demanded. Namjoon let out an evil chuckle.

"Jimin. It's always about Jimin isn't it? It always has been. We've always been so under appreciated aren't we? All because Jimin has a few powers we don't." Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"What the- How is that even-"

"Stuttering now, are we, Kookie?" Namjoon smirked.

"No it's just- You aren't making sense. You betrayed us, because Jimin is a Variant? That can't be the sole reason."

"Does it matter why I left? No, it does not." Namjoon sighed. "I'm sure you guys came here for a reason didn't you-"

"Where is he?" Jaebum interrupted.

"Well, Jaebum. You're little toy is in the second floor. Go get him if you want." Namjoon scoffed.

Jungkook was just about to blow past Namjoon when Jaebum grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

"Are you fucking insane? We can't just go in there! If he's letting us go get Jimin, we're probably getting our asses kicked! Have some sense." Jaebum scolded.

"We have bigger problems at hand. My safety doesn't matter right now. I just need to get to-"

"Jimin. I know. Possibly risking your life won't get you to Jimin any sooner."

Jungkook stood back in his place.

"Now now, Jaebum, how about I take you there myself? I'd love to see your reactions." Namjoon began walking, whistling evilly. The group of five turned heads, exchanging a few glances, before ultimately looking to Jaebum for an answer.

"Follow him."

~

The group had caught up to Namjoon. Hoseok felt chills. Jaebum and Jungkook lept straight blank faces. Jennie just wanted to see Jimin. Jackson tried to lighten the mood. Namjoon led them through different colored halls. One had a purple glow, one had a green, they reached one that had a... white glow? Jungkook was confused. Why is it white?

"Why does this hallway have the white glowing lights?" Jungkook asked. Silence. Namjoon led them into a room full of capsules. The group looked around at them. Experiments? Are all these people Solitaries? Each body looked like it was in a thick transparent blue liquid. Each capsule has a white light at the bottom of it to light up the capsule. Jungkook walked through the "hall" of capsules until he came across one in particular. His eyes widened and horror overtook his face.

"Jimin!" He screamed and banged in the glass, tears rushing down his face. The scars on Jimin's skin. The red gaping wounds that would probably bleed out if he wasn't stuck in the thick liquid. He shut his eyes tightly, realising his efforts to break the glass were useless. He still tried anyway. His eyes flowed red and his fists were engulfed in flames and we was still trying to break the glass. The group rushed over to him.

"Oh my god..." Jennie covered her mouth and shut her eyes. Jackson put an arm around her to comfort her.

"Jen... Jen, it's okay."