six.

{Jungkook POV}

Beep.. beep..

I heard the soft hum of the heart monitor, and immediately the memories of what had happened flashed into my mind. I tried to move but suddenly froze as I had felt a warm hand grasping mine. My eyes shot open, and I looked around. I was laying in a hospital bed, and there was Taehyung with his head on my lap and a tight grip on my hand sitting in a chair right next to the bed. He was fast asleep.

Suddenly a nurse came in, and as soon as she saw that I was awake she froze, "Oh, Mr. Jeon? You're awake!" She said, a relief seemed to have washed over her.

"I just woke up," I said, noticing how raspy my voice was I coughed and immediately yelped as a sudden sharp pain shot through my stomach.

"Huh?" I felt the head on my lap lift up, "Kookie you're awake!" I felt the grip on my hand tighten.

"Sir, you'll experience pain for a couple of days but you'll be fine after that. Coughing, laughing, sneezing, and such will be painful for a while."

"Wait, a couple of days? I thought I was stabbed."

"Jungkook, you were asleep for a week." Taehyung said.

"A WEEK?! W-what? What happened to my dad? Who is paying for this? What about school? I-"

"Could we have some privacy, ma'am?" Taehyung cut me off.

"Sure thing. I was just checking up on him." She said and then quietly exited the room. My eyes still stuck to the door after she left.

"I missed you.." the sad tone in his voice made my eyes immediately shoot towards his direction. He was looking down and playing with my fingers on the hand he still had a grip on.

"Taehyung.."

"I'm so sorry I didn't come sooner. It's all my fault, if I wasn't so stupid we wouldn't be in this situation." He sighed.

"This isn't your fault. You shouldn't of been there that night anyway.."

"Yes it is, and of course I should been there! If I wasn't so stupid I could've been there for you months ago. I drifted away from you because of Yoongi and Namjoon when you needed me the most. I didn't even know your mom died! If I was there for you and if I wasn't such a fuck up, maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be here right now.. and you wouldn't hate me."

"Taehyung! Don't say that."

"But it's true, Jungkook. It's true, I failed you." My hand suddenly felt wet, as I felt his tears drip on my hand. I immediately lifted his chin up with my finger and wiped the tears away, and then pulled him onto the bed beside me and into my embrace.

"Taehyung.. I don't hate you.. I.. please don't make this harder than it already is." I whispered the last part, but he seemed to have heard it.

"What?" He looked at me with a puzzled expression.

I then buried my head into the crook of his neck to hide my face, "I can't do this anymore Taehyung.. I can't.." I then began to sob into his neck. He then brought his hand up to the back of my head and lightly played with my hair.

"Do what, Kookie?" He said softly.

My breathing started getting heavier as I pulled away from his neck and looked him straight in the eyes.

I tried to get the words out but they wouldn't come.. they just.. wouldn't.

"It's okay Jungkook, just say it." He said, obviously noticing the trouble I was having to get the words out.

I sighed, "I-"

A sudden bang from the door cut me off I looked up to see three policemen coming towards us. I gasped as they pulled out a pair of handcuffs.

"Kim Taehyung, you're under arrest for attempted murder." 

===

A/N:
¡fUcK mE sIdEwAyS!