V - Confession and Firing a Gun

V

I get jittery as I see him, firing his gun at a dummy, and then throwing sharp edged playing cards at them, only throwing Ace of spade cards. I swallow hard, and run up behind him and hug him from behind. He goes on red alert and tears me away from him. When he sees it's me he looks shocked, and then holds me close to him.

"I'm sorry, I hadn't known it was you... I'm sorry." he says and i shake my head a little.

"No, it's okay it was my fault." I take a deep breath, "Joker i really like you too I am sorry for running away earlier." I blurt out in all one breath and joker holds me at arm's length.

"Have you been worrying over that for the past half hour since I saw you?" He asks and I sheepishly nod my head at him. He laughs a little and then shakes his head.

"Don't stress out over something so simple Doll. And you already know how I feel about you." He says smiling brightly. I nod my head, smiling wide now and he holds my hand.

"So don't worry your pretty little head about it. Now why don't we go get your makeup done?" He inquires gently and I nod.

Sounds good with me." I laugh and I lead him towards my tent. I plug in my lighting, and everything shines. My mirror, my christmas lights that illuminate my room, my glittering makeups, some costumes, and my changing curtain. Joker leans against my desk and smiles at me. I pick up my makeup brushes and even my special sponge that's shaped as a spade. I apply my mascara and foundation that has sparkles first, and I do everything else slowly but sure that it looks nice. After I'm done I smile at my reflection.

"Now I'm pretty." I comment out loud and Joker taps me on my head.
"Don't worry your little pretty head about makeup. You looked beautiful before you put that silly paint on your face... And you still look amazing with it on." He says and my eyes go wide. I look at him in the mirror and he just smiles. I blush and bite my lip.

"You can't just say stuff like that." I mutter trying to be serious and not blush worse.

"But I do say it like that. You still like me?" He asks as if that'd be something to unlike someone for.

"Of course I do. I liked you since the beginning. It's not stopping now." I breathe and he smiles wide at me... And then my smile sneaks its way out. I laugh at his boldness, and at the way he makes me smile even when I try not to. He laughs a little too, and I grab his hand and pull him out of my tent, unplugging the power strip that keeps my lights on. We go into the practice tent where almost everyone is when I feel like somebody's watching me. It makes me uncomfortable, and I shiver. Joker who is now ahead of me, goes back to shooting targets, until he sees me still standing by the walkway to the personal tents.

"Are you alright Mari? What's going on?" He asks me and i shake my head a little, before taking a few sprinting strides to him. He wraps his arms around me from behind, and rests his head on my shoulder.

"What's going on?" he whispers and I look around.

"I... I feel like someone is watching me." I whisper and he searches eagerly until we both spot the man who shot him at our last show. He raises his gun, one arm around my waist, the other holding his gun.

"Descendamus!" Joker shouts out, (which is 'get down' in Latin) which is our way of telling the troupe someone is in danger. Everybody goes down to the floor, except the little highnesses who curl upwards, and Joker fires three shots at the man but he begins to escape... if he wants me? Then he'll get me. I chase after the man, not wanting the troupe to get hurt and joker mutters a colorful word, before shouting my name.

"Marionette stop; I don't wanna shoot you!" Joker shouts but I sprint ahead, kicking little amounts of sand up until I see him escape the tent... No! I reach the flap quickly but he's already long gone... darn it! Joker's arms come crashing into me from behind, making me lose balance, but he hugs me in a bone crushing hug.

"He could've taken you! Please be more careful!" He says in my ear in a hoarse whisper and I nod.

"...Yeah... I'm just so mad he got away... again." I say and joker nods.

"I understand the feeling, really I do... But please be more careful. Please." He says and i sigh, his whispers blowing my hair away from my shoulder with each statement.

"Fine." I whisper and I let him hug me gently, and i close my eyes a little...

What does that guy want with me?