VI & V - Mr. Dust's "Lesson"

VI

Only a few moments later, everything is back to normal. We said the issue and everyone shrugged, gave a comment about how badly they wanted to kill him, and then went back to practice. Joker and I go back to our practicing. Where we do our "dance", and I slip on the sand and land on my back, letting out a groan of pain. All other breath has been knocked out of me, and joker looks at me concerned.

"You alright dear?" He asks and I breathe hard, trying to nod. I can't catch my breath, and Joker calls Henry, our faithful friend and doctor over.

"You alright Mari? I saw that." He says and I nod, clutching my chest. He looks at me for a moment, giving me a once-over, and makes a face.

"No concussion to my knowledge. Just catch your breath Mari, and then I get a question.

"Why... Why do you only ca-call me mari?" I wheeze out, and Henry looks at me surprised.

"To show I don't see you as an object, but as a human, as my friend." He says and I smile.

"Really?" Joker asks surprised and Henry nods.

"I promise."

VII

We all are still practicing, and it is around seven o'clock from where the sun is... And then Mr. Dust comes in... Mr. Dust never comes in. I feel a shiver wrack down my spine and Callie charms her snakes away from him... Even Beast asks her lions to move away... And then he looks directly at Joker and I.

"Oh Marionette?" He calls lazily and I make a face to Joker.

"Yes Mr. Dust?" I call back and he smiles, cold.

"We have something to discuss. Come with me." He booms through the tent and Joker goes tense. I nod, quickly and then go up to Joker.

"I'll be right back." I whisper and he stops me, by putting his gun in my hands.

"Take this." He whispers and I look at him alarmed.

"What? No!" I whisper back and he frowns.

"I know he hits you so take the gun or i will shoot him where he stands right now." Joker growls out and I make a face but take it, sticking it between my shirt and skirt.

"You're lucky i like you." I mumble out to him and he just smiles a little at me before I walk past him and with Mr. Dust.

"What have you called me for Sir?" I ask Mr. Dust, as I stand in his tent, and he taps his cane on the floor a few times. It is all metal, the top a shiny metal diamond. He looks at his cane until he looks back at me.

"Kneel." He says and I look at him surprised.

"What?" I ask him and he raises his cain a little.

"You heard me. Kneel." He snarls at me, and i just look at him, but i reach my hand behind me just a little.

"But I don't wan-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"I know you have your boyfriend's stupid gun. Shoot me with that and I will shoot him in the foot with that gun and let him bleed out on the floor. Now that we have that established; kneel." He says as if it is nothing and I stand firm, unmoving.

"No." I say and I watch as the cain rises in the air and comes down on my shoulder. It stings, and aches, but I stand still, unflinching.

"Kneel." He repeats himself.

"Why? You can hit me plenty easy while I am standing can't you?" I mutter and he brings his cain down onto my head this time... This time I do flinch. I lose my footing, not remembering how to stand for a moment, and nearly fall; but I recover quickly, and stand tall.

"Last time i'm saying it." He says and I stand still.

"I heard you plenty clear last time." I growl at him, and he butts the diamond end into my stomach and i fall to my knees after he hits my head once again. I can feel blood dripping from my forehead. I go to stand, my vision black, but as I am about to make my last attempt to stand, i was sent down by a crushing pain to the base to the back of my head... And it sent me into the dark waves of unconsciousness.