Session

Before I can even choose to help Millie out, she's already walking beside me on our way up the slanted driveway leading to Ayla's home.

The two of us knock on the front door, hearing a soft 'come in' from whom I assume to be Ayla's mother.

I enter with Millie at my heels, waving at the woman as she cooks while we pass by down to the basement.

The familiar environment greets me well; the guitars placed on the sets, the giant monster-like stuffed animal beside the dark couch, the bar in the right corner, and of course Malcolm's drum set in the left corner. Home sweet home.

Jack is the first to notice the new presence of Millie Brown.

He quickly looks up from his guitar, his eyes narrowing, "Holy shit, you brought her here? After you were a dick to me because you wanted her for yourself?"

"Jack, she isn't some prize. She just wants to sit in on a practice, alright? Not everything is about you." I retort, giving him a death glare that is sure to put him in his place.

As it does, when his features soften to only a slightly agitated expression.

"Anyway, Ayla- this is Millie. Millie- Ayla." I introduce, the long haired girl greeting Millie with a friendly smile and hand shake.

"And Millie, you've met Malcolm." I state with a short gesture to the boy who is drinking a Dr. Pepper as he sits on top of the bar.

Millie smiles awkwardly, "Sorta, yeah."
Regardless, Malcolm puts his hand out for her to shake; in which she does.

"Nice to officially meet you, Miss Brown. Sorry I took Finn away from ya' that one night- but hey, at least he talks about you non-stop." Malcolm exposes, putting his hand beside his mouth to make sure non of us hear the next part, though he isn't one to whisper well.

"I mean.. all the time." He 'whispers' horribly, speaking loud enough for all of us to hear.

The brunette's cheeks grow a bright, beaming crimson as she unknowingly smiles ear-to-ear, teeth shining and all.

I catch myself smiling faintly when Malcolm stares at my face with an amused grin, the smile fading quickly on my face as I clear my throat and head over to my guitar.

Shit, I'm deeper into this than I thought.

"Um so.. Millie, you can just hang out, I guess. Feel free to make yourself at home- soda and water is in the fridge and let me know if you want anything to eat or something." Ayla explains, being the kind hostess she was brought up to be.

The four of us get in position with our instruments ready, discussing what song we'll practice first while Millie sits on the couch with an anticipated look on her face.

-+-

m i l l i e

"Alright- City Boy. One, two, three, four!" Finn shouts out, causing Ayla to start playing her guitar followed by the drums by Malcolm and soon enough all of them are playing.

Finn steps up to the microphone, his eyes tightly shut and eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

His voice sings out like a rocky road, "When I walk around my room.. there is, nothing else to say. When I walk around my room.. everything will be okay. Ow-ah!"

I can't help but bounce to the catchy, mesmerizing rhythm as Finn begins singing the chorus.

"I am a city boy. You are a city girl. You date the city tool, I am a city fool. I am a... city boy."