Line Of Vision

"Um.. Noah?" I ask as I raise my head to meet my eyes with his, ones are full of a fiery hatred.

"Last night, can you um- tell me what happened? My memory is a little hazy." I suggest abruptly, my mind now fully focused on a memory I hope to God isn't actually real.

His features soften as he gulps nervously before nodding and sitting down on the bed.

"Well.. we got here and then we watched 'Mean Girls' for a little bit- you started throwing up, and then I just helped you until you were okay enough to go to bed." He answers vaguely, much to my dismay.

"Noah, did we kiss during any of that?" I ask worriedly while trying to hide my growing concern. His breathing hitches dramatically as he begins stampering over his words.

"Well- I- I mean.. yeah, you may have kissed me." Noah finally answers with a soft, almost invisible smile. I repress a groan and instead question him further.

"Did you, uh-"

"Enjoy it?" He suggests with raised eyebrows.

Blinking in disgust, I shake my head.

"No- did you.. kiss back?" I ask with a raised, skeptical eyebrow.

"Course," He answers calmly as if it were obvious.

Oh God, what is happening? He's my best friend- like a brother! He's supposed to say 'oh no, course not. you're like my sister'. Not this! Anything but this!

"Noah, I swear-" My threat gets suddenly put to a halt as the high 'ding' of the doorbell echoes throughout the house.

Shit.

"Stay here, I'll get it." I order at the boy before rushing out of my room and dashing down the staircase to the front, wooden door.

Sighing from my racing mind, I unlock the door and swing it open only for my mind to now race even faster than before.

Finn.

Standing there with his dark curly locks, perfect bone structure, and dark eyes that still seem to gleam when I look into them, the boy wears a dark grey sweater and a pair of dark blue jeans along with some classic Vans.

Nervously, I close the given space able to see into the house so that it's only me.

"Uh- Finn, how did- how did you find my address? Why are you here?" I question curiously in attempts to make calm conversation and failing in the process.

He snickers as a fresh cigarette hangs from his lips, "Your address? Let's just say your friend, Maddie, she's sure one to try to get you guys. As for why I'm here, there are multiple answers." Finn answers through a low sigh.

Becoming more comfortable in his presence, I allow my tensed shoulders to relax.

"Alright, what are they then?"

He shrugs, "Well first, I think I ought to take you to get some coffee. Don't you think?"

Before I can answer I begin feel somebody's body heat radiating onto my back, the person catching Finn's attention in surprise.

A smug look paints over the teen's face as he makes eye contact with Noah behind me.

"Well, gotta hand it to you, Noah. I didn't think you'd have the guts to take her home when she was so vulnerable, guess I was wrong, wasn't I?" I can feel Noah's beating, hatred breath on the back of my neck as he pushes past me and tries to get to Finn until I grab his wrist firmly.

"Noah!" I scowl, noticing Finn's completely calm face as the hazel-eyed boy huffs out angrily.

"I think.. I think you should go home." I instruct gently.