Be There

A sigh drifts from my lungs as I step my way to him while placing my hands on his neck as I gaze into those galaxy eyes that always seem to transport me into another universe.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I could never hate you, for you to finally believe me?" I remark as he shrugs lazily in response.

"Millie, you aren't the first girl to tell me you could never hate me. Better safe than sorry, right?" He explains flatly in a soft yet raspy voice that somehow sends my heart racing out of my chest.

"Maybe, but I am the first girl to be different from the others. You said it yourself, Finn." I retort as my hands slide down to his shoulders.

His jaw clenches and unclenches as he takes in a deep breath through his nose.

"You've got me there, Brit." Finn mutters as his eyes wander away from mine, seeming to be just as troubled as his mind.

"Hey.. Finn," his eyes slowly drift back to lock on mine, "stop comparing me to other relationships, will you? I'm not like any other girl and you know it. Now stop acting like I'll leave you at any second, when I literally just told you that the only thing I could never handle losing is you."

He nods while pressing his lips together as he then rests his forehead against mine- despite the five inch, or more, height difference between us.

"I love everything about you, Brit."

The whispered words take me by surprise as my breath hitches dramatically in response, not that I even have control over it.

A smile tugs at the edges of his chapped lips that somehow still feel so soft whenever my own press against them.

"Bet you weren't expecting that, were you now?" Finn teases through a low growl that causes a giggle to erupt from my chest.

A few peaceful moments pass until he speaks again, "Alright, let's get going before any teachers come for paperwork."

Agreeing with him, I let my hands fall from his neck as we then hurry down the hallway to Mrs. Kinder's classroom.

Once arriving to the correct room Finn kneels down at the doorknob's lock.

"Bobby-pin, please." He instructs, muttering a 'thank you' when I place it in his hand.

I glance to each side of the eerily empty hallways as the fumbling of his hands going to work on the knob distracts me.

"Got it." He interrupts as he climbs back to his feet, running a hand through his messy curls as he opens the pick-locked door.

I quickly enter the classroom, finding an anxious feeling about the long, narrow hallways.

"How did you learn to pick locks anyway?" I ask as he locks the door once the two of us are inside.

Finn shrugs lazily as he then strolls over to her desk scattered with papers and ungraded assignments.

"My grandpa taught me after I got locked out of the house once or twice. You'd be surprised with how many random skills the old man knew- hell, I know I was." He snickers as he scans over the desk, rustling through drawers as he talks.