Brown Eyed Girl

I shake my head firmly at his suggestion. "No, I won't be in a relationship where the feelings are only one way. I'm sorry, too, okay?" I say wearily, my mind praying to get home before the cops are searching for me.

Noah glances to the pouting street, his lips pursed together.

"Your mom asked me to come find you, that's why I'm out here. But then I find you.. and you're with him?" He questions in disgust with his hand gestures back to the car.

I shake my head as I laugh sarcastically, "Wow, you're more jealous of Finn than I thought. Well I'm sorry but just because we don't work, doesn't mean Finn and I might." I retort while turning on my heels and striding forward again.

"What if I can't stop?" I hear Noah shout from behind me, the curiosity of it forcing me to look over my shoulder at the boy.

"Stop what?"

He presses his lips together nervously, "Loving you, maybe if I just make myself stop loving you we can go back to how things were before."

I let out a sigh as the thought runs through my head. I have missed him.

"You we're jealous of Finn then and now, who says you won't be again? Who says your feelings will change?" I query skeptically with my hands thrown into the rain that falls down my hair and face.

He stares me straight in the eyes as the words roll off his tongue simply, "The fact that I'll lose you if they don't."

A sigh escapes my lips, "I don't know.."

"I'm capable of moving on, Mills. Betty Cooper did it, who says I can't?" Noah jokes, the reference causing a slight smile to flash over my face. Everything deserves a second chance, right?

"Alright, fine. I guess we can be friends." I say tiredly as I pinch the bridge of my nose with my fingers, my burning eyes closed.

"Great-"

I raise my finger to him, "-Under one condition, you can't say any sort of mean or rude thing to Finn nor can you judge him for his addiction, understood?" I ask, warning the hazel eyed boy.

Noah's eyes shift to the street until settling in me. "Fine, deal." He states as we shake on it, the two of us smiling politely in agreement.

"Now, can you please walk me home?" I ask as I already begin walking forward as he laughs and then nods while striding up beside me.

I let out a sigh as drops of cold rain fall into my hair, curling the brown locks slightly into waves a the end of my short ponytail.

We eventually go our separate ways at the front of our two houses that stand right next to each other, our bedroom windows even facing each other's.

"Good luck with your mom, night." Noah calls out as we both reach our porches.

I roll my eyes with a groan as I unlock the door with my personal house key and shove the front door to get inside.

The house is dark and silent, the only thing making the room even remotely lighter being the small table lamp set on the couch-side stool beside Mum's favorite rocking chair, the same one she sits in with her legs crossed over another. Shit.