Chapter 4

July 7th, 2014.

"Still I rise still I fight still I might crack a smile.."

My phone rang "Still I Rise" as I got ready to go out with my besties for the night. Yep, Tiara and Abriana were coming over to see me and then head out to see "The Fault in Our Stars" . I got up from my lavender plush swivel chair,turned on the shower, got out, and went to my walk-in. "Hmm what am I gonna wear?" You know those days when you're to lazy to pick out a nice outfit but you have to because your doing something special? Yeah thats how I'm feeling.

After what felt like an hour of searching for the perfect bottoms, a pair of bleach washed overalls popped out at me. "Perfect. Now for the top." I whispered to myself. I put on a white tank top and a white pair of OVO 12s that Dad got for me. I then straightened my hair.

After putting myself together, I skipped to mom's room + knocked on her door.

"Hi, momma."

"Hey, dimples. Come in."

She was on the middle of the Cali King bed sitting on the ladybug Pillowpet that I bought for her two or three years ago on Mother's Day.

I plopped myself next to her.

"When Tiara and Abriana come is Auntie Sherika and Thee Thee gonna stay too?" (since I was a baby Auntie Thembi's name was one I couldn't quite say and sounded like Thee Thee to me so I call her that to this day.)

Tiara and Abriana were Aunt Sherika and Thee Thee's daughters respectively. Like I said, they're both close to mommy. Its because they all had babies young and shared struggles that came with the territory. I look up to the three of them for that. Mom yawned and started to get dressed.

"Yepp, they'll be here too, baby.", said she.

Ma wore a pair of high waisted denims and a t-shirt from her collection. To top it all off, she had a pair of black and gold Guiseppe heels on with her hair straightened and parted down the middle. Oscar did a good job on it. Her edges were laid to the gods. Ms. Onika Maraj was the definition of gorgeous with hardly any makeup on. You could see the real Trini in her.

"I'm a sexy bitch!" mom sang while wining (Trini version of grinding) in the mirror to "Its Carnival".

"No you ain't." I jokingly mumbled to myself on my way out of the master bedroom.

She smiled, causing her dimples to flash. "Come back and say that to my face!"

"Ma, you're not sexy. I am." Her lips were pouty like she was hurt. I know she was, on the down low.

"Puhlease Autumn, you got that from your attractive ass parents."

"WE SURE DID!" yelled Dec from his room across the hall. I blushed like crazy and just shook my head.

An hour later

Dec was out somewhere with his boys...Pshh..like I pay attention to where he goes.

"Ding dong ding dong",chimed the doorbell.

I went to answer and there stood my aunties and best friends/cousins. We screamed like hyenas in excitement at the sight of our faces.

"HI FAM!" , I said as Tiara and Abriana wrestled one another to hug me first.

Auntie Sherika and Thee Thee giggled at us as I gave them hugs. "How've you been girl?" said Auntie Sherika. "I've been great now that I'm seeing you guys here!" I exclaimed. "Aww my baby Autumn grew on me. I can't believe you're 17." Thee Thee said as she took a step back, held one of my hands, and spun me around.