Chapter 12

July 24th, 2014

T and I went to Abriana's casa yesterday and it wasn't much of a good time. She was angry and looked exhausted. It hurts me to see my baby in this condition yet, I was relieved knowing that she had two best friends who cared for her.

The three of us layed on her bed covered in leopard print sheets with the flat screen on low volume. Abe and I talked and talked and talked about whats been going on while T was distracted by a Chris Brown video eating what looked like some leftovers from Abriana's fridge.

Greedy ass, I muttered under my breath.

"Does Thee Thee know about this whole thing?" I asked.

"Yes..." Tiara blurted while keeping her eyes on the screen.

"Lord, Tiara why is it that when we need your attention the TVs more important than us but when we don't you actually listen to whats going on?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Sorry." She answered with her mouth full of food.

Abe and I looked back at eachother with sad puppy looks on our faces.

Thee Thee and Auntie Sherika are gonna  be too pissed.

Thats for sure.

"Well, she doesn't know everything, She just knows about how horrible of a boyfriend he is but not to the extent of the abuse. Lemme show you something."

I gazed at her unassuringly.

"What?" She questioned.

Totally ignoring the question I inquired, "How long has this been going on?"

"Two months." T plainly said.

Abe and I shot her a look .

"Sorry once again. I cant help it."

Abriana took her shirt off half-way and her scars on the mid area of her back were revealed. Long red marks were all I saw.

"Mmk this is what I wanted you to see. Tadah!" Her sarcasm filled the air.

"Wait, don't pull your shirt back down yet. How long again?" My fingers felt the rough marks. I thought they were fully healed so I poked one.

"Oww what the fuck , Autumn?" Abriana started to pull her shirt back down.

"I'm sorry, bae."

"Its been almost two months now."

I sighed.

"Well it wouldn't have hurt to tell me before the fact." I answered harshly.

"I didn't want to because I knew what you were going through at home with Nini and I didn't wanna pile onto that." She answered somberly looking up at me with those once energetic now tired brown eyes and it made me feel guilty for her to think that her problems would be a burden on me.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"I always have been and always will be there for you no matter how heavy the problem is." We were now in a tight hug.

"I love you, Autumn. Thank you."

"Love you too, Abe."

"What about me? Y'all left a bitch in the corner by herself?" Tiara mean mugged.

"Bring your ass over here then" Abe giggled. "and get in this hug."

And there we were.

Together forever.