Chapter 14

August 10th, 2014

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Long time no talk." I said over the phone. I was talking to Amirah and she sounded so distant. See, I know we haven't hung in a while but I would've thought a friendly "I missed you" or "Where've you been?" would be her usual answer.

But it wasn't.

"Did you miss me? You don't sound too excited."

"I did miss you and I still do, but what happened to us? I called you but you never answered."

I felt so guilty that I haven't been keeping up with Amirah or even Jayden and Casimere lately. Whenever she was busy or something went wrong she'd always make time and call me no matter what.

"I'm sorry-" I paused getting in my feelings.

"I'm listening." She said blankly.

"The divorce was finalized last week and one of my other friends, Abriana, is going tbrough something in her relationship as of now. So, I've been trying to balance her and this divorce. Its been pretty hard."

"Okay."

Once again a stale one-worded answer.

"You forgive me? I promise to never do that again."

"Mhmm."

"'Mirah pleeease?! I'm serious."

"Ok, fine, but don't come back to me next time you decide to put me on hold for that long. I forgive you." She still had this disapproving look on her face but I knew she'd be fine soon.

"But waaitit! Before you hang up on me I just wanted to know when I can come." I asked.

"Umm, I'm kinda busy this week...is Friday cool?"

"Yess!"

"Mkay I'll see you." Amirah rushed me of the phone at that moment.

Yeah she'll get over it, I thought to myself.

7:00 p.m.

"Hey Faree!" I exclaimed.

"Wassup, coon? Yo, can you go ask your brother to get his ass outside and help me unload? With those big arms and shit...man, he's bigger than me and I'm tryna bulk up!" Safaree said laughing.

"Thank you." He said to mommy's chauffer.  He was now taking some stuff out the SUV and moving in.

"Sure thing, and I'm not a coon, thanks very much."

"You ARE a coon." He was now ignoring me and only focusing on what was inside the Louis Vuitton suicase.

"No I am NOT!"

"Okay, then. I've been calling you that since you were ye high." His pointer finger was at his knee.

"Faree, that was then and this is now. I'm not four anymorrrrre."

"Whateva then."

"Autumn?!" Mommy yelled out to me.

"Comingg!" Ugh, what does she want now. I went to the living room to find her dressed casually in her usual 'studio-going outfit'. But it looked like she had other plans.

"Wanna come to Queens and the city with me? Get dressed because you're going. Your father's coming too." Why ask in the first place if I'm being forced to go? But whatever I'm gonna tag along for the ride anyway.

Remeber when I mentioned that I'd be looking for apartments in NY since I'd be heading off to college next month? Well yeah, I think this is what that is! I didn't wanna ask anything because if we ended up doing something else or being someplace else besides the apartment, I would get my hopes up. Hopefully this will go right and won't end up in a damn argument between her and papi. Fingers crossed.

I apologize for the shortness of this chapter, but its leading into something! Chapter 15 will be a continuation of their visit to NY! Thank You and lots of love!