s e v e n

After school, Melody and I became good friends.

Katy decided to hang out with Luke, even if he's a year higher than us. They seemed to get along after I introduced them to each other.

"Okay, your first day was such a success! You earned friends." She laughed.

I noticed a circle surrounding someone. Darren.

"My man! You did great on the show!"

"You're famous now dude!"

"You killed the show!"

He looked over at me.

"Hi. This is one of my birthday surprises to you." he said, walking up to me.

"What?"

"Surprising you by not telling you that I also went back to Canada. I wanted you to be surprised when you saw me."

"Wish granted, dork. Bye now, people are looking at me weirdly."

I ran back to Melody and we walked through the hallway.

"Woah you're close to him?" She stopped and turned to face me.

"Uhm, yes. It seems like a big deal here." I commented. She put her hands on her hips.

"Dude, he's kinda popular."

"Oh yeah, you see, when I didn't live here, we visited my aunt here in Canada, and I found his phone and returned it to him, so we became friends, and Katy too. We're close."

She gasped.

"Please introduce me to him, please, I really like him, and I don't even think he knows me but I've been his lab classmate for like 3 years now and-"

"Yeah okay, okay!" I laughed.

She hugged me and thanked me 394 times.

But I kinda died inside when she said that she liked him.

I grabbed my phone from out of my pocket and texted Darren.

Heeeyy Darren. Can I come over? You know, since you surprised me and all- we gotta hang out -Kylie xx

Sure. Now? ~Darren :)

What's your address? -Kylie xx

Darren: Oh I live to your right. I totally did not convince your parents to be our neighbor...totally ;)

That's cute but freakishly weird. Can I bring a friend? ~Kylie xx

Sure. Yeah, sounds good! :) ~Darren :)

Melody screamed loudly when she saw the texts. We walked to Darren's house and knocked.

"So like, you two are neighbors?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I smiled. She still couldn't believe what was going on.

"You are so lucky!"

I laughed and the door opened.

"Oh you're here! Come in. Oh Melody! How's your mother, dear?" Darren's mom said. "She's doing good. Still fighting." Melody smiled politely

We entered the house and sat on the comfy sofa.

"Darren I'm going out with Lynelle, I'll be back in an hour, okay?" she screamed.

"Okay mom." he said, walking down the stairs with a red shirt and jeans.