e l e v e n

I'm sorry Kylie.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

I had received a whole lot of texts from Darren. I deleted them.

@@@

I walked out the door and admired the view. People passed by, some running because they're late and some walking past slowly. Looking down at my black cat socks, I sat down on the porch.

I heard a door swing open, and when I looked to the side, I saw Darren walking up to me.

Tousled black hair, a grey shirt and black jeans. He held flowers in his hand, and a stuffed bear on the other.

"So my mom found out you were mad at me, and she got mad at me for making you mad. I'm sorry, Ky." He handed me the flowers and bear.

"Thanks, and it's okay. I just keep wondering why you believed the rumor." I said with a hushed tone.

He sat beside me. "I believed Melody when she said that because you know, she's your best friend."

"Huh. Well, not anymore." I said. He nodded in approval and twiddled his thumbs.

"Anyways, your birthday's coming up."

"Don't get me anything too special or sentimental, I don't wanna cry." I joked.

"Okay." He smiled.

I looked back at the window to see my brother tapping it, and motioning for me to go inside. I stood up and smoothed out my pajama pants.

"Hey, I gotta go, see you later?" I said.

"Okay. Can we hang out today? Just the two of us?"

"Sure. Bye." I said walking inside. I ate my breakfast, took a shower and headed back out to meet Katy.

I sat alone while we waited for Katy to get out of the house, and finally after HOURS, she comes out and everyone sighs.

"Why is everyone so gloomy today?"

They glared at her. "You're 30 minutes late. We should've just left you."

"Rude! Stop bein a party pooper." She said and stuck her tongue out. I facepalmed at her behavior.

5 minutes later, Melody came in and passed our seat to sit with her old friends. She didn't even look in our direction.

"What? I'm confused. Why isn't that hoe sitting with us?" I said.

"I bet she used us to get close to Darren. That's about it, she didn't really want to be our friend."

Anger built inside me again. Desperate, disgusting girl- how do you live like that?

"She's worse than Jason!" Katy exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Huh? What did Jason do wrong?"

She looked at me in disbelief. "He's ruining my otp KyRren? What other reason would there be?"

I let it go. "Whatevs."

"Don't tell me you have a crush on him?" She cried while looking out the window.

"Secret. I don't know."

She shuddered. "Ew. Don't even."

"Just don't hate him. He's a pretty okay person." I said assuringly, but I knew she wouldn't listen.