n i n e

All I didn't need was another person to like, but Kylie, you've done it again. Stupid.

<<>>

"Kylie! Your alarm clock broke! It looked like...it was smashed by... A book or something. Did you do this?" My mom said.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "Oh mom. Now why would I do that?"

She just laughed and placed my uniform on the bed. "Mom, it's Friday. Civillian today."

She slapped her forehead and sighed. "Oo nga pala- hays choose your clothes." She walked out of the room and I jumped out of my bed. I decided to wear my favorite purple blouse and some skinny jeans. I ran down the stairs and ate as quickly as I could.

"Why are you rushing? Saan ka pupunta? She questioned.

"No reason," I said right away. "Just wanna hang out with Katy."

"Okay. See you later!" She said, kissing me on the cheek. I met Katy outside and we boarded the bus.

"So what's wrong with you?" Katy said.

"I think I like someone." I nervously babbled as I scratched my arm.

She put her hands on her hips. "Huh? Is it that Jason guy? Or are you finally gonna admit to me that you like Darren?"

"Dear goodness, Katy. You should become some kind of fortune teller- how do you know this stuff?"

"It's no secret, hun." She said with a smug look. Rolling my eyes, I wanted to get her back by repeating what she said.

"What about you and Luke? It's like you two are a couple."

"What?! We're definitely not a couple, why do you think that?!" She said defensively. I winked, but she gave me an evil glare. Behind that evil glare, I knew na kilig na kilig siya. Ayaw niya lang sabihin- hard to get talaga, pakshet.

I taunted her. "It'S nO sEcReT, hUn."

She laughed and we walked into the bus. I chose a seat near the window, because I love watching the view. After about, 7 minutes, Melody sits right next to us.

"Hi guys. I'm so happy! The prom is going to be in 8 days! And plus, I'm going with my future husband!" She said jokingly.

I forced a smile. "Yieeee!"

"I don't want to sound boastful but I have a feeling that he likes me too." She said a little too quickly.

"That's really good." Katy smiles even more fairly.

"I know right! He's just so...cute! Those dimples are adorable!" She continued. I ignored every single thing she said.

"I think he's..the one."

"Really? 'The One' na kaagad? Baka nakalimutan mo na grade 7 ka lang, beshie!" Katy said. Only I could understand.

"I don't speak Filipino." She pouted. "Well. She said that she agrees with you!" I said. Katy stared at me with disbelief.

"Ulol."

She wasn't calling me stupid, actually, she was calling the world stupid. She would never call me stupid, she knows that I would smack her right in the head as hard as I could.

"Thanks for the love, guys!" Melody grinned, high fiving us both.

"Huh?"

"Ulol means 'I Love You,' right?"

"Ummm, not really-" I said, but Katy cut me off. "Of course it means 'I Love You!' You should tell Darren that!"

"Nah, it's too soon- but I will one day."

"Yeah!" She smiled. We laughed. She stared at us. "Are you guys being serious? About the ulol thing?"

"Yeah. I'm serious. We're dead serious." Katy said, and we shared an evil look.