t h i r t y

I stood at the edge of the pond, staring at my reflection. I honestly felt like singing WHOOOOOOO IS THAT GIRLLLL I SEEEEEEEEEEEE STARING STRAIGHTTTTR BACK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE.

Okay, I must be high.

"Hi." A voice said. I looked back and saw an unexpected person.

"Juan Karlos?" This didn't even feel real. How did I meet Juan Karlos and Darren? This was so confusing.

"That's me. Diba ikaw si Kylie?"

"How...how did you know...?"

"Darren."

I smiled. "Hm. Okay."

"You guys are dating?"

"Wh-what?! No!"

"Really?"

"Positive. My only question here is what is Juan Karlos doing, talking to me? Out of all the people in this park, it's me?"

"Well, I was bored." He chuckled.

"Okay. But first," I said, taking a deep breath, "let me take a selfie.

*

"Uh, Darren?" I said, trying to get his attention.

"Kylie! YOU'RE LATE!" Darren said, standing up to scold me.

"Relax, mom." I said jokingly. "I made a new friend."

"Who?"

"You're not gonna believe it but Juan Karlos."

"Really? Well, um, great. Anyways, I was waiting for you because I have something important to say."

"Go ahead."

"Melody isn't mean. She just went through a lot and I think I... I like her."

"Really..really like her?" I said.

"Yeah. Like, a crush, but not love...yet." He said. YET? YET? BAKA NAKALIMUTAN MO WALANG FOREVER!

"That's absolutely amazing, man! I hope it all goes well with her. Just remember you're 13." I said, grabbing my phone and decided to text JK for fun. I noticed Darren was leaning in, eyes on my phone screen.

"Uh, Darren, what are you doing?"

"Nothing. Just making sure he doesn't make any moves on you."

"Dad, did you possess Darren's body?" I joked. He rolled his eyes but a smile still remained on his face.

I decided to play a little game. "I like Juan Karlos."

"Doesn't everybody?"

"I mean, really really like him."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Positive?"

"Mhm."

"Really sure?"

"Darren, you're so strange. When you tell me you like Melody, I tell you encouraging words. I tell you I like JK, you ask me if I'm sure like, 937 times."

"But you just met him?" He said.

"I know he's a good guy. Plus, he's your friend, right? And you never mention bad things about him,"

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you...jealous?" I teased.

"Give me a reason to be jealous." He said. Ouch.

"Because you love me?"

"As a friend, of course." Ouch again.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think you're sure!" I teased even more.

"Did you know that I hate you?" He said.

"Don't worry! I love you too!"

"Whatever."

"Just kidding, loser." I laughed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I smirked.

"It depends. Does the movie have Channing Tatum in it?"

"No. We're watching Mean Girls. And maybe She's The Man next."

"She's the Man has Channing though."

"But-"

"No."

I laughed at him and messed up his hair. That's all we will ever be, messing each others hair, watching movies-kind-of-friend.

A/N

Hey losers lmao.

I'M A MOUSE DUHHH

YOU GO GLEN COCO

bai

kay x