7

Ashton's POV

I cried on Luke's chest and he tried to calm me down. I guess I hadn't realized how much Michael meant to me. "Ashton. Why are you saying that?" He asked, shocked. "I don't know. Luke, I want to go back to him, but I'm scared. W-What if he doesn't want me to go back?" I cry. He holds me closer and tighter.

I grab his shirt in my clenched fist. "I can't go back. I-I..." I couldn't finish my sentence. Luke pressed his lips to mine. I was careful to kiss him back, but I did. I pulled back slowly and pressed my forehead to his. He wiped my cheeks and held me. I nestled my face into his chest. We were lying on the couch, Luke just cradling me.

I had fallen asleep last night with Luke on his couch. I fell asleep last night with Luke. I slept with Luke. Luke had fallen asleep last night with me on his couch. Luke fell asleep with me. Luke slept with me. I feel weird. Michael was the only person I've ever slept with.

Shit.

Luke woke up and kissed my forehead. I squirmed away from him. "What's wrong?" He asked, confused. "I-I think I should go back home. A-And talk to Michael," I stutter. "Why? Ashton. He kicked you out. Why are you so determined to go back to him?" He exclaims. I cower and cover my ears. He was yelling. He was yelling. I don't like the sound of people yelling.

My heart started to race. My head was pounding. I was so tired of hearing people yell and scream. I know he didn't mean to, but after my verbal fight with Michael, I didn't want to hear another person yelling. "A-Ashton, are you okay?" He asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. I hadn't realized I was shaking.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I was just freaking out. I don't even know why. "I-I-I..." I tried to steady myself, but I couldn't. "Ash. You're okay. You're okay. Just take a deep breath. Just breathe," He soothes. His voice sounded muffled, because my hands still cupped my ears. He took them slowly off. "Listen Ashton. You're okay. I didn't mean to yell. You know that. Just calm down. Calm down," He soothed.

Luke's hand rubbed my back. He sat down and held me. I tried to slow my breaths, and finally, I managed to. "Have you ever been like that before?" He asked. I shrugged. "It's been four years since that happened," I said, ashamed. His eyes widened. "I-I should go," I said, standing up. "Maybe you should stay for a bit. I'll take you to work. I'll watch you. If you broke after four years, maybe it's better if you don't go back to Michael. Just for one more day," He suggests.

"No Luke. Look, you're sweet. And, yeah, I broke after holding back for so long. But you didn't help much. I'm going back to him, because I love him," I say. He stays quiet. "But he kicked you out," He pointed out. I looked down at my shoes. "Ashton I-" "Luke if you don't want me to have a fucking panic attack, then maybe you shouldn't piss me off!" I shout.

"Ashton. Just calm down. You know what I mean when I say that. I don't want you to leave me. I love you Ashton!"

Michael's POV

I lie on the couch, watching the ceiling fan spin. I never swept up the broken glass from the pictures. I wipe my face, but all I get is dry tears. I was scared to call him. What if he decided to move on and date Luke? What if he was still mad at me? Who knows what happened to him. I sigh and stand up.

I take a shower and change my clothes. I check my phone, and the temptation got the best of me. I dialed Ashton's number. He didn't answer, not to my surprise. I left him a short message.

"We need to talk."