4-Fake Feelings-4

—Bang Bang—

I felt my eyes flutter, but I kept them closed. I gently tried to sit myself up but I was pushed down by a force. I coughed from the pressure on my chest from someone pushing me down. I stayed down, closing my eyes again and accepting my fate. By fate, I mean just laying there.

"Stay." I heard Edd say as he walked off, his footsteps sounding light and nimble. "What is he doing here, Tom?"

"I dooon't know-"

"You carried him in here, you know what he did, Tom."

"Hee wass juust there-"

"You're fucking drunk."

"N-NOO. Ha...haha..."

"Maybe he wanted to see the most beautiful man in the world!!" Matt chirped in, his tone inappropriate for the situation.

"Matt, go away adults are talking" Edd pushed him away. Matt pouted but stayed silent. I sat up, looking over at them. Edd gave me a fake smile and then looked over to Tom with a look that I can only describe as extremely out of character for him.

"May I join the conversation?" I leaned my chin against the couch,

"No, you may not join in on the conversation." I don't think I like this new 'Edd'.

"You don't even know why I'm here!"

"To fuck us all over again and destroy the entire apartment building? I'm nice but I'm not stupid!" Edd exaggerated the 'k's' when he said 'fuck'. Hearing him swear was rare, hearing the F-word was even rarer. I stayed quiet and was ignored as him and Tom fought back and forth.

"Oh god, I'm becoming sober-"

"THAT'S A GOOD THING!" Hearing them fight like this, made me feel weird. Sadness? Nope, not that, it's not making me sad, it's a lot deeper than that. It almost feels like pitty, but not for them, for myself. But it wasn't pitty, it was different. A melancholy type of regret. I don't really feel regret normally, or I think it's regret. I'm really not sure.

"Toord, why *hic* are you here again?" Tom was leaning against the hall and they were both looking at me, Edd with a confused/ angry look, and Tom with a drunken blank expression.

"I...need a place to stay? And- I miss you guys! A lot!" Edd looked at Tom, and then Matt, and then me. I looked down, in a bit of shame for even trying to say it as a question.

"Yeah hell no, get ou-"

"You can stay in my apartment." Tom didn't even slur that time. I stayed quiet,

"WHAT!?" Edd stomped his foot on the ground, "TOM YOU'RE FUCKING DRUNK!"

"As long as you don't try anything and *hic* pay rent-"

"Are you fucking high??"

"I thought we established I was drunk?"

"It's like sex! You can't make that sort of decision while you're drunk!"

"Sure he can!" I joked, but I was greeted with an unenthusiastic glare from Edd. Staying quiet, right.

"I won't let you do that to yourself, I'll keep him here for a week, then he leaves."

"Ow, my feelings."

"Shut up, Tord."

"Sorry, Edd." I need to learn to shut my mouth, I could ruin my chances of being forgiven.

  "Ugh, Tord sleep on the couch I'm going back to bed. Tom, sleep on the floor next to him, I don't want you to leave and get more intoxicated than you already are."

  "Thank you, Edd.."

  "Sure."
————————————————-

OOF 570 words

Edd sucH MeaNIe

:3