9- Fake Feelings -9

After the confusing events of last night we all just dissolved into bed. Tom left to sleep in his own apartment, Matt and Edd had a sleep over in his room. And I just kinda sat on the couch for a while. I was sick of the couch, it hurt my back too much for me to sleep on it anymore.

I heard some jingling and the front door opening, I was a bit confused, looking at the door seeing Tom in a jacket like he was about to go outside, but it was 12 in the morning.

"Oh good you're awake. Get a jacket on." He walked into the kitchen, opening the cabinet and grabbing two cereal bars. As I was pulling my shoes on he tossed one at me.

"We're gonna be walking for a while, so just Fucking eat something." I nodded slightly, finishing putting my shoes on.
Wait
Why the fuck am I listening to him?

"Where are we going...?" He stared at me for a second, then smacked himself in the face.

"Right. You're always asleep. When it's hard for me to sleep I go for walks. I just kinda hoped you'd be awake so I wouldn't be alone." He walked over to the couch and stood next to it waiting for me.

"...you trust me?"

"I didn't say that." He furrowed his eyebrows a bit, getting a little irritated.

"Right sorry. I'm good let's go." I stood up, smiling at the fact that I was taller then him.

"It's cold- do you have a jacket-?" He tilted his head like a confused kitten.

"Nah, my hoodie is fine." My hands were in my pocket, gripping a knife I had.

"But- you might get sick." He began leading me to the door.

"You care?" I asked, teasingly

"No." He growled back at me.

"Ooo aggressive!"

"Shut it, or you'll spend the rest of the night in the dumpster with an infectious tattoo needle in your back." We were walking down the stairs, Tom keeping his voice low.

"Oddly specific." We exited the building, Tom shutting the door slowly behind us.

For a bit the walk was silent. Walking around, he turned and went through a park, stopping by a tree. He sat down, patting the grass next to him. I guess he was telling me to sit with him? I sat next to him, my back against the tree and the dark making me feel calm. All we could hear was the sound of our own breathing and the wind.

After a bit I stood up, putting my hand down to help Tom up. He looked at me quizzically.

"I want to lead the way." He gently pushed my hand away, helping himself up.

"Sure." Tom answered, ignoring my polite gesture. I grabbed his hand in revenge and began walking. He quickly began to object.

"T-Tord let go-"

"But you might not be able to keep up with me-" I stopped and turned to him, his hand still in mine. I felt a sudden awkward energy fill the space around us. He ripped his hand away and took a step back.

"I can keep up with you, Commie!"

"Tom I'm just-" I suddenly got pulled to the ground, I coughed slightly and felt something sharp against my neck.

"Give me any money you have on
You and I'll let him go." Were- were we getting Fucking mugged. Oh this fucker chose the wrong bitch to attack. Tom stood there frozen, while I struggled to get away
From the grip of the stranger.

"I- we don't have anything." Tom answered, looking at me then back up at the other criminal.

"Tom-" I coughed, being choked by the attacker and having a knife up against my throat at the same time. I desperately tried to pull back away from the knife.

"Awww poor boy! Somebody help the baby somebody help the child." I felt
Him press the knife harder into my neck.
I coughed, trying to pull away again. I made an attempt at kicking myself around and getting away, but I was weak from dehydration. The man restricting me pushed the knife harder, making me yelp almost like a coward.

"W- wait! Before you kill my boyfriend can I give him one last kiss- you don't have to let go of him- in fact after you kill him- just kill me too... I can't even imagine a life without him...my love.." Tom's voice quivered slightly, either good acting or actually fear the attacker believed him. I felt an angry burning rise in my throat. How dare he call me 'his boyfriend' how absolutely dare he.
The man nodded slightly and Tom sat on his Knees in front of me.

  I was so confused, Tom must of had some sort of plan. Some sort of plot. I remember the knife I had in my pocket, he must have seen a glint of the blade while I was messing with it.

   He gently put his hand on my face. I felt his other hand reaching into my pocket, I was right. He grabbed the knife, quickly standing and slashing the attacker in the face, the man raised his own knife away from my neck In defense, I quickly whipped my leg around, knocking him down and hearing him hit the sidewalk. He was knocked out.

  Me and Tom stood there, breathing heavily. He handed my knife back to me, and I folded it up and placed it in my pocket.

  "Holy shit..Tom- you- saved our lives-"

"Wow no shit." His sarcastic tone was comedic.

  "You could have just...let me die...there..." I felt anger begin to over come me again. How Fucking dare he give mixed ass fucking signals.

  "Yeah I could have." He began to walk forward, around the passed out man.

  "Uh- wait Tom-"

  "What." He turned and growled.

  "I..I was going to lead us to an Ice Cream place that's open this early-"

  "Oh-?"

"Y..yeah.. I do have money on me-"

  "Cool. lead the way."

"Are we going to talk about the "boyfriend" bit you just did?"

  "Nope."

  "...okay."  Just stop confusing me already!
—————————————————
1036 words

a bit on the nose, eh?