Chapter 5

HAKELDAMA

Pike, Bellamy, Hannah, and the other 7 return through the gates. They were all covered in blood.

Abby, Kane, Beth and Octavia are all watching. "My God, look at them." Abby says to them. 

Octavia runs up to Bellamy. "Bellamy, you okay?" She asks her brother.

"I'm fine." Bellamy says to her. Beth glares, knowing fully well what had happened.

"What happened out there?" Octavia asks but Bellamy walks away from her. 

Pike comes in through the gate. "Lock it up." He says and the gates close. Pike steps a top a platform. "Everybody, listen up. 24 hours ago you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal." Pike says to them. "The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia." 

There was miscellaneous cheering as Abby, Beth and Kane look disturbed. "This morning on a muddy field our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the Grounders. This land is ours now!" Beth's eyes widen, her mouth opening slightly in shock. She had known they killed them, but she truly wished they hadn't. 

The crowd cheered. "Resist, and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death." Pike tells everyone, looking over at Beth. Beth glares. "Today is a new beginning. Mark it down, remember it, just like the Grounders will remember it." Pike walks off. 

"No wounded. 10 against 300 and there's no wounded. How's that possible?" Abby asks the two.

Beth looks at Pike's retreating figure. "I need to get to Polis, tell Lexa this wasn't our doing. It was a trader who doesn't accept the coalition. She needs to know it wasn't all of you that allowed this to happen."

"No, It isn't safe. Pike will hurt you if you try and warn her." Her father says.

Beth looks up at him. "Then I will kill him myself." Beth walks away, up to Octavia. "He will die for doing this." Octavia nods, agreeing with her best friend.

-----

Lexa and Clarke were riding their horses through a field. They're smiling at each other.

"Heda!" Someone yells, causing them to stop.

Clarke and Lexa find themselves looking on a field covered in the dead bodies of Lexa's peace-keeping force, that Pike, Bellamy and the others killed.

Lexa, Clarke and others were picking through the bodies. "All bullet wounds." Clarke said.

"Heda! Come quick!" A grounder says. Lexa and Clarke run to find Indra, wounded.

"Indra!" Lexa says, urgently. 

Indra looks at her. "Heda!" 

"I need bandages." Clarke says, trying to help Indra.

Indra glares. "Stay away. You're one of them."

Lexa looks at Indra. "Indra, let her help." Lexa tells her. "Indra, what happened here?" Clarke starts to bandage Indra. Clarke and Lexa both look upset.

"They attacked while we slept." Indra begins. "Our watch was to the north looking for Azgeda. They killed our archers first. Our infantry couldn't get close. Then they executed the wounded."

"The summit was two days ago." Clarke says. "How could Kane do this?"

"It wasn't Kane." Indra says, glaring at Clarke slightly. "It was Pike." Indra's a little offended that Clarke thinks it was Kane.