Chapter 6

I've reread this chapter six times and I'm still nervous to update it. Whoops.

VERY IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE READ IT AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH THE CHAPTER. IT'S ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE NEXT FEW EPISODES. IT'S TRULY IMPORTANT. DON'T SKIP IT.

OKAY, NOW GO READ !

-----------

BITTER HARVEST

FLASHBACK

Swords clashed together as Beth and Lincoln were training. Beth ducked as Lincoln swung, trying to hit her sword but not her. Beth swung her sword up, clashing it with his. He smirks at her lightly as the swords clashed once again. Beth jumped up as Lincoln swung the sword towards her feet. Her boots hit the ground as she landed, breathing heavily in the cool air as winter was finally almost gone but the coldness still stayed.

"You know. It's freezing out here." Beth says to Lincoln as the two continued to train with the swords, the metals clashing together. Beth moved back as Lincoln swung to hit her sword. Lincoln hit her sword with his once her moved back closer to her, Beth gripped the swords handle as it almost falls from her grasp.

"You wanna stop?" Lincoln asks her, as she swung her sword towards his causing the blades to collide. Beth's sword fell from her grasp. She sighs and takes a deep breath, letting others out. She looks at him as she grabbed the sword.

She smirks lightly. "No way." She mutters to him, swinging her swords towards him. He blocks her move with his own sword and the two stand there, holding their swords were collided, looking at each other. Beth takes a small step towards him, smiling, as she quickly moves her sword back away from his. She moved backwards as he moved towards her, their swords clashing together as they both raised them in the air.

Despite the coldness in the air, Beth starts to feel hot, almost like a hot flash. She moves back lightly, lowering her sword to her side as she felt something in the back of her throat. She quickly rushes away from Lincoln  and clutched her stomach before throwing up. She coughed as she was now slouching, she felt a hand grab her hair, pulling it out of the way, already knowing who it was. Once she was done she looked up, she saw Lincoln looking down at her concerned. "I'm okay." She whispers. She was happy no one besides Lincoln  was around to see her throw up. She felt light headed as the areas around her started to blur.

"Beth..." He trails off. "Are you sure?" Beth nods, grabbing onto his arm to help her from swaying. He wraps his arm around her waist before picking her up bridal style.

"I'm okay, you don't have to carry me." She tells him.

Lincoln shakes his head as he begins to walk back towards the front of camp to get into the Ark. "You're burning up and you just threw up. We're not taking any chances." He tells her. Beth sighs, but nods as he continues to walk.

-------

NOW

Beth and her father stood in Beth's room, listening through a walkie talkie and listened to Octavia talk.

"Pike’s detail is still at it. Soil and water samples." Octavia says through from the other side of the walkie talkie.

Beth sighs. "Any idea what they’re up to?" Beth asks her friend.

"No, but considering how heavily they’re armed, I don’t think they want anyone to find out." Octavia says to the two Kane family members. "Crap."

Kane and Beth share a look."What is it?" Kane asks.

"There’s a Grounder kid. Hang on." Octavia says.