Chapter 10

Miller, Harper, and Bryne walked into the cave. Bellamy looks at them. Sinclair walks in after them. Kane walks in next then Octavia and Kai. 

Beth soon walked in, by herself. She was staring down at her sword and her ring. Everything inside of her was numb, broken almost.

He expected to see Lincoln by her side, He looks back at the entrance. Kane was staring at Bellamy as O stood next to Harper, Miller, and Bryan. Kai going into one of the cave corners, sitting there, anger in his eyes. Beth walks past her father. Bellamy looks at the entrance, again, waiting for Lincoln to walk in. But he never does. Beth takes off her jacket and drops her sword on the ground, looking around, numbly, at the stuff Lincoln had in his cave.

"Where's Lincoln?" Bellamy asks.

Beth turns and answers. "Pike put a bullet in his brain." She says, not looking at Bellamy. Beth starts crying again.

"Beth," Bellamy says. "Beth, I am so sorry."

"Shut up!" Beth yells, turning quickly and punches Bellamy. The others all look alarmed at the situation. Miller, Kai, and O stand up. Bellamy looks at Beth, seeing how angry, how broken she is. He knows she needs to let the anger out somehow.

She punches him again. And again as tears fell down her face. "Beth." Her father says.

Bellamy looks at Kane. "Kane, stay out of this." He says. Kane doesn't reply. Beth punches him again, he falls. Sinclair looks away from the girl beating up Bellamy.

She punches him again. His face becoming more bloody. She was crying as she hit him again. Kane walks away. She lifts up his head from the ground and kicks him. She pushes him against the wall. And punches him. He falls again.

Miller goes to walk forward. "Alright, that's enough." He says and goes to help pick up Bellamy. Beth pushes him. Bryan and Harper hold Miller up.

"Back off." Bellamy says to him, knowing the strawberry blond isn't done with what she started. He looks back at her and she lets out a scream of anger and punches him again. Octavia stands there watching as Beth did this to her brother. She thought her brother deserved it, so she didn't stop the redhead.

Beth punches him again and again. He falls. Harper looks away and Kane looks back at his daughter, from his stop on the rock he was sitting on. He wasn't gonna try and stop his daughter, knowing not to.

Bellamy looks up at Beth. "You are dead to me." She says to the boy who used to be like her big brother. His face was all bloody but she didn't care. He looks at Beth, hurt by her words.

Beth walks over to the entrance of the cave and sits by herself on a rock, about five feet from her dad. She was crying, sobbing into her hands. They all heard her. Octavia looks at her brother.

"Don't ever talk to me again." She tells him, angrily. She walks over to Beth and sits down next to her.

"He promised." Beth whispers, tears falling down her face.

"I know." O whispers back to her best friend.

"He promised me." She says, sobbing. Her father looks at her, along with the others. They see O hugging her, trying to comfort her. "He promised." Beth cried as Octavia held her in her arms. "He promised." She mutters, tears running down her face.

-----

"I say we run two men patrols around the clock starting now." Miller says.

Kane nods. "We'll do that but we should be safe here."

"We are safe here." Kai says.

"We're out of luck, Kane. Pike's started looking for us." Bellamy tells them. Beth rolls her eyes as she stared at her ring.