Chapter 3- Get Right

Jasmine

"Jasmine I need you too keep Kodie out of trouble or else some serious decisions will be made." The principle said for the third time this week.

I rolled my eyes sighing. I was tired of everyone telling me how to handle my bestfriend, I'm the only person who knows her. Kodie isn't a bad person, she just needs love. As her bestfriend there's only so much love I can give her.

"No disrespect but don't tell me about MY bestfriend, I'm the only person she has left. Stop making her feel like everything she does is so wrong!" I argued back.

"Jasmine she vandalized school property, you don't think that's wrong? She's out of control, she might not be able to graduate with this year."

I snapped my head towards her. "Woah woah woah, now look I understand. But is that necessary? Maybe if more people would show her that they're here for her instead of against her then she wouldn't act this way. I'll talk to her but I'm not promising anything." I got up walking out of the office to find Kodie.

I promised her mom I would look after Kodie and that's what I'm going to do.

Kodie

I bounced the ball trying to take my mind off of everything.

"What's this I hear about you acting up?" I heard behind me and turned seeing Carter.

I shrugged and continued to shoot the ball. She took the ball throwing it across the gym standing in front of me.

"Vandalizing the school lil baby? You trynna get kicked out." I sighed.

"Why do you care?" I tried to move around her but she kept me in place.

"I care because I lik—I just do. Kodie there's other ways to get your frustration out but not like this." she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I rolled my eyes. "You think there's something wrong with me too don't you?"

She gave me a look. "No I just think you have too much anger in you and you're taking it out the best way you could."

She moved a piece of hair out of my face. I could feel the tension between us and cleared my throat.

"We should get going." I moved away from her, I could hear her sigh. I was pushing her away but not on purpose. I grabbed my bag walking out of the gym.

"Bestfriend there you are." Jas ran up to me hugging me tight, I hugged her back sighing. "What happened?"

"They catch me spray painting the bathroom and think it's the worst thing in the world." I shrugged.

Jas laughed but quickly stopped clearing her throat.

"Kodie you have to calm down. Principal talking about not letting you graduate, can you at least get right for me?" She pleaded pouting her lips.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll do better for you." I rolled my eyes.

She smiled. "Good now where were you?"

"The gym talking to Carter."

"Ooh how did that conversation go?" We walked towards our locker.