Chapter 4- Decisions

Kodie

I smoked the remaining blunt that was in my hand. "Dammit Kodie!" My dad yelled coming into the room. I jumped up putting the blunt out. "This is the third letter this week from your school!" he waved a paper in his hand.

I shook in fear. One person I was for sure terrified of was my stepdad James. After ma died he became verbally and physically abusive. I covered up most bruises with makeup or sometimes I would just skip school.

"I- It w-won't happen again." I stuttered. He walked up to me, I started shaking harder. He rubbed my cheek before shoving the note into my face.

"You want them to take you from me!! If I get another note you won't see tomorrow." He threatened. "Get ready for school." He walked out.

The tears streamed down my face, I shook in fear and begin getting ready for school. I grabbed my book bag running out the door to my car.

I felt my phone vibrate multiple times in my pocket knowing it was Jas. I parked my car grabbing my stuff getting out.

"Kodie!?" One of my teachers yelled coming up to me.

I sighed rolling my eyes. "What?" I spoke agitated.

"I just wanted to talk to you about your grades, you were doing so good now your grade is starting to drop. You're not showing up or turning in any assignments. Is something going on at home?"

I licked my lips looking away. "I'm fine. It's none of your business anyway." I snatched away from her. I walked into school heading straight to my locker.

"Hey lil baby." I smiled a little before turning around. She put both of her hands on each side of me getting closer.

"Wassup." I licked my lips.

"Imma be straight with you...I want you. I want you...bad." She huffed in frustration looking away. I smiled at her being nervous. "So?"

I bit my lips gripping her chin pulling her closer. "Too bad I don't want you." Her smiled faded. I grabbed my books moving away from her grip walking away.

Carter

I clenched my jaw angrily then let out a laugh. I punched the nearest locker. That was it, I wasn't chasing her anymore.

"One on one?" I asked another stud I had met today. She nodded going to grab a ball. She was tall, fine and definitely somebody I'd fuck with.

"Hey sexy." Tae said smiling. I smiled back.

"Wassup? Shouldn't you be over there with your cheer team? Give me a E!" I jumped up copying their move. She laughed pushing me playfully.

"We do not sound like that."

"Eh maybe a bit more pitched." I shrugged.

"You are such a hater. I was wondering if you wanted to hand out at my place after school? You know to get to know eachother."

I scratched the back of my head, I was hesitant. Tae was a cute girl but I wasn't feeling her. Kodie was still on the back of my mind and as much as I hate to admit it no girl was giving me any interest.

"I'll swing by for a few." I pulled her into a friendly hug, I felt eyes on us and looked around spotting Kodie. She shook her head storming out of the gym.

What was her problem? She dissed me! Tae left and I continued to play ball.

Jasmine

"I freaking hate you." I pouted as YM threw out a draw 4 card. I felt myself being pulled away and almost screamed until I realized it was Kodie. She looked to be crying.

"You good? What's wrong?"

"Can we please go?" She pleaded. YM walked up to us concerned.

"Kodie you good bro?" She asked.

I sighed knowing what it was. "Is it Carter?" She looked away, I looked at YM giving her a look. "You see why I didn't want your friend messing with Kodie? Just stay away both of you." I snapped.

I pulled Kodie outside to my car. Good thing we didn't have an security or anything because we always snuck out of school.

"Now tell me what happened."

She shrugged. "I saw her with Tae. Hugged up." she sighed running her hand through her hair.

"Did you go over there and say anything?"

She shook her head. Kodie begin biting her nails which was a habit whenever she was sad. I slapped her hands away.

"Bitch what? Not my bestfriend! We're going to go in there and you will shut that bitch down. Now let's ride." She grabbed my arm to keep me from leaving.

"No I'm good. I've got plenty of other girls lined up for me. That's not what I wanted to talk to you about." she said sighing again. I sat back down ready for her to tell me what's been bothering her.

YM

"What the fuck did you do now?" I pulled Carter away from the group she was with.

"Fuck is you talking about?"

"What did you do to Kodie? You ruined my chance with Jasmine." She gave me a confused look.

"What you mean what did I do to her? It's what she did to me. Wait how did you know?" Now it was my turn to give her a confused look.

"She ran to us crying and said it was because of you."

"She was crying? Over me?" She sighed then continued. "I walked up to her at her locker and confessed my feelings, she dissed me man. You know how hurt I was? So Why. Is. She. The. One. Crying!" She said through gritted teeth.

I ran my hands over my face. "What do you mean dissed you? You sure it was a diss?"

"She said and I quote "Too bad I don't want you" and walked away. What do you call that?" She said getting aggressive. I put my hands up stepping back a little. I never seen Carter act like this over some girl that's when I realized Kodie wasn't just "some girl" to her.

"Imma fuck you up and imma fuck her up if y'all don't get this shit straight. You feeling her, she feeling you both y'all need to release some sexually tension or some shit." I huffed. Dealing with them was way over exhausting.

Carter shrugged. "She had her chance. I'm good this way." She walked away. I groaned, now I had another problem to deal with.