Chapter 27- Perfect Ring

Carter

I slipped out of bed quietly. Kodie was sleeping peacefully, I grabbed my sweats putting them on along with my hoodie. I slipped on my slides grabbing my phone calling YM.

"I'm almost there, come outside." I replied with a simple alright before hanging up. I stuffed my wallet and phone in my pocket.

"I'll be back baby." I whispered pecking Kodie's lips then her forehead.

I snuck out of the bedroom jogging downstairs. YM sent a text saying she was outside, I closed the door quietly sprinting to the car.

"You didn't tell her you were leaving did you? Running like you stole something." She laughed, I smack my teeth slamming her door shut.

"Alright wake up Kodie if you want too. What's this about anyways? Got me driving to come get you when you got your own damn car."

"Because I need help picking out a ring for Kodie." She pressed on the breaks fast making me hit my head on the dashboard, I scrambled for the seatbelt. "What the hell you could've least waited until I had my seatbelt on to be dramatic."

"You proposing?" She asked with a wide smile on her face. "Or is this just a promise ring?"

I nodded. I was planning on proposing after graduation or during, it's about time I make Kodie mine for a lifetime. I was in love with her and no doubt this is what I was for sure wanted to happen. Maybe it was too soon but I'll rather be engaged for years until we both decided it was time then to be just dating.

"Proposing. We already gave eachother promise rings on our one month anniversary. But I was thinking about asking her during graduation to make it more romantic, I think it's time." I smiled.

"I'm happy for you, me and Brook will help you get everything set up so it'll be a perfect moment."

I nodded. We arrived at Jared, we both got out walking inside.

"Can I help you two with anything?" The lady said in a flirtatious way. I looked at YM seeing that she was already looking at me, we both rolled our eyes.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and I need some help because I'm not good at this kind of shit." I said bluntly.

"Ok well here are the engagement rings right here." She showed them to me. I licked my lips looking at all over them but one stood out the most.

I pointed to it. "Can I see that one."

Kodie

I sat up with popcorn watching reruns of spongebob, this show is dumb as hell but it was passing time.

"Hey baby." Carter said walking in the door.

I cut my eyes at her rolling them. "You just roll your eyes at me?" She chuckled. She came to sit next to me laying her big ass head on my shoulder.

"Where you and YM went early in the morning?" I turned to look at her. I knew it couldn't have been nothing bad because I trusted Carter.

"It's a surprise and if I tell you then you won't be surprised later." She pecked my lips getting up. "And how you know I was with YM?"

I shrugged. "Brook told me."

She came back to sit down with tons of snack in her hand. I grabbed some chips from her opening them eating.

"When our relationship gets more out there and people really start to know us, how are we going to explain our relationship to them?" I asked.

Carter looked at me with her eyebrow raised. "What do you mean?"

"Like stud for stud relationship. Some people are going to accept but them the other half are going to be like "you should just date a boy" like we're going to get judged right?"

She chuckled. "Of course not everyone will understand baby but it's our life not there's so who gives a fuck about what they say."

I nodded. "Well I get that but I never dated a stud publicly like outside of school and I don't care about people's opinions but what about our future kids?"

She smiled small at me mentioning kids. "Baby we will be like Domo and Chrissy or shall I say Domo and Domo but still we will explain to them when they get older. We'll explain to them about lesbians then as they get older explain the different labels."

I nodded yawing. I layed my head on Carters lap finding myself fall asleep again.

Brook

"You really not going to tell me where you two went?" I wrapped my arms around YM's neck.

"No because your going to tell Kodie and it's supposed to be a surprise." She got up, I pulled her back down by her arm.

"I won't tell now spill."

"Carter wanted me to go ring shopping for Kodie, she think it's time and honestly I do too." I smiled widely.

I was all for it and couldn't wait to see the look on Kodie's face when Carter asked her.

"When is she going to ask? And did she get a good ring?" She nodded.

"During graduation and yeah the ring big as shit with a whole lot of diamonds in it, it's perfect baby you should see it." She smiled wrapping her rms around my waist.

I licked my lips admiring Katorah. It's only been a week since we've met and I was already feeling her deeply. This week was the last week of school and I didn't know what was going to happen to us after graduation.

"So baby after graduation what do you plan on doing?" I eased it out.

"Not college. I can't do that shit like Carter and Kodie well I can but it's not for me. Probably just get a job to keep this house up. Why you ask?" She looked at me.

"Because I didn't know what would happen to us after we graduated." I said lowly putting my head down.

She chuckled pulling me into her arms. "If you want to go to college that'll be fine I'll still be with you regardless but if not then you can move in with me."

"You dead ass?" I smiled big, she nodded. I pulled her into a slow kiss. I definitely had a decision to make, either I went to college like my mom wanted or stay with YM.

This book is coming to an end sadly. Three or four more chapters left.