Chapter 15- Flashback Kodie

Kodie
*Flashback*

I held the pillow over my ears rocking myself to sleep. It was another sleepless night of hearing my mom and stepdad yelling and arguing. The tears kept coming as I sighed deeply, I'm only 14 so why do I have to go through this?

I tried convincing my mom to leave him but she claimed she loved him too much. Me? I'm completely despised him, I could always see the bruises and black eyes on my mom but never said anything. Where is my real dad you might ask? Living life with his other family across the world.

I threw back the covers kicking my feet over the bed. I opened the door slowly as their argument became clearer.

"She's My Fucking Child So You Can't Talk To Her Any Damn Way You Please!" my mom yelled and I finally knew what the argument was about. I had came late from Dee's house and he scolded and yelled at me for hours about how I was out there sleeping around.

"Bitch I Can Do Whatever I Fucking Please! This Is My Fucking House So Deal With It And Shut The Fuck Up!" he yelled back.

"Fuck You Bastard!"

Was the last thing I heard before I heard something crash, I jumped closing my eyes tightly. I could hear every footsteps and ran back into my room locking the door. The footsteps got closer and soon stopped infront of my door.

"Kodie baby." his drunken voice called out. He twisted the door as I backed way getting back onto my bed. "Open the door, it's daddy." His twisting became more vicious, the tears fell more as I wrapped my arms around my legs rocking myself hoping the door never opened. "We don't lock doors aroun hear Kodie." he said aggressively. Then everything stopped until the door busted open revealing my mad drunk stepdad.

*End Of Flashback*

I jumped up breathing heavily. I looked around for Carter but then remembered she worked now, I sighed deeply. The house was quiet, dark and lonely. I was in my room, I guess I fell asleep in here earlier without noticing. I grabbed my bear walking to Carters room, I got in her bed wrapping myself into the blanket still having my bear in my arms. I closed my eyes again hoping to fall asleep.

*Flashback*

"Mommy why can't we just leave him?" I cried out to her but for some reason she never did listen. I was only 7 but I could clearly understand what was going on. My stepdad was a horrible person and he was tearing my mom apart and I couldn't do anything about it.

"I'm sorry baby I know your scared but mommy loves him and he loves us. If we leave that will make him very angry and I don't want you to get hurt. He's getting better he just has to learn how to control his anger." she explained while brushing my hair. The lies she proceeded to tell just to save him I couldn't quite understand why. Why go through this everyday? Why put your child into this situation? Most importantly why not leave if you see that it's hurting me also?

"But why do you have to get hurt? He drinks everyday and it makes him a bad person. Mom he hits you and he sneaks in my room at night, when I wake up he's just there staring at me. It's creepy and I'm very scared of him." I sighed shaking my head.

"Hey listen to me, we will be okay. He won't hurt me anymore and I won't let him hurt you baby I promise." She kissed my forehead multiple times.

"Mommy he's going to end up killing you." was the last thing I remembered saying.

*Flashback Ended*

My head popped up yet again, I started rocking myself, letting the tears fall. I called it, I told her he was going to killing her and he did and he got away with it. If I knew I was going to be right back then, I would've been called the cops on him but why didn't I? Because everytime I seen the bruises I could see her still being happy and trying to make it work. I called it, I knew he was going to hurt her and I did nothing about it.

Carter

"Thanks for coming to get me." I said to YM.

"You know I got you bro, you talked to Kodie since you went to work? She's not answering my calls." I snapped my head her way, I was starting to get worried.

"She hasn't been answering you either? I thought it was just me, I thought she was mad at me for not saying goodbye to her before I left." I pulled out my phone going to Kodie's contact "My Wife".
I called but no answer, I called again and again but still no answer.

"Get me home now, she always answers my call." my heart was racing and my leg begin to shake. YM pulled up at my house shortly after, we both got out running inside. I was lied upstairs to her room, she wasn't there. I ran to my room opening the door, she was cuddled up in my bed with her bear tightly in her arms. I sighed in relief, I walked up to the bed pulling her into my arms. I could see the dried tears on her face.

"Baby?" I nudged her. She stirred a little before sitting up. "Why wasn't you answering any of my calls? Baby I was worried about you."

"My phone was on silent, I should've answered because I really needed you." she layed her head on my shoulder.

"Talk to me lil baby what's wrong?"

"I kept having flashbacks of my mom and I realized I didn't do anything to help her. If I would've helped her she would still be alive and he would be locked up. But I was so scared to tell my side of the story, he said that if I did he would kill me." she bursted out crying.

I clenched my jaw trying to keep the tears from falling. I knew I shouldn't have did this whole job thing, Kodie needs me the most and I can't even be there for her because of my job. I didn't know my baby was feeling like this and it breaks my heart completely. I pulled her in close to me kissing her forehead baby.

"Shh lil baby, I got you now." I whispered finally letting my tears fall. She held onto me right as if she never wanted me to let her go. I sighed deeply wrapping her tightly in my arms.

After letting Kodie fall back to sleep I walked downstairs seeing YM eating a sandwich.

"Nigga you were supposed to be looking for her not making food." I shook my head as I sat on the couch next to her.

"I looked everywhere and then I got hungry and made a sandwich." I chuckled. "She good?"

I nodded. "Just thinking about her mom and stepdad and all that. Nothing I can't handle."

"As long as she got us she's gonna be good." she reassured. I sighed laying back on the couch.

Somebody Girlfriend Me 😩 A stud like Carter would be nice.