Chapter 10- For Keeps

Ace
In The MM

"I don't see why you have to come back for her when you're the one that made her life hell Ace!" my little sister yelled. I clenched my jaw breathing out.

"Lower your damn voice. I served three years for that bitch I'm not gone let her up so easily. Now you were supposed to follow the plan, introduce her to your bestfriend, get them together, and give me as much information on her as possible Now was that so hard...Jasmine?" I turned my chair tilting my head to the side.

"Yes! I'm hurting my bestfriend and she doesn't even know it." I rolled my eyes as she cried out.

"Cut the shit, you were in this as much as me. Let's not forget why you became friends with Kodie in the first place." I smirked.

She shook her head. "You're such a jackass! I'm not helping you anymore Ace, I'm done!"

I breathed in angrily, I slammed my hand down on the table wrapping my hands around her neck choking her tightly.

"Watch your mouth bitch! You're not done until I say you're done. Tell Carter you want to meet with her, get her to agree and I'll do the rest. Do your part and bring Carter to me or else." I dropped her watching her gasp for air, I shook my head stepping over her body walking upstairs.

I ran my hands through my hair. I'm Ace, Carter's ex. Not that you should know anyways. I served three years in jail after being set up by Carter and now it's my turn to retaliate.

Kodie

"Damn she's sexy." YM said licking her lips at every girl that walked by. Me and Carter looked at eachother rolling our eyes. We decided to sit at the park since there really wasn't anything else for us to do.

"Must you always be a hoe?" I shook my head.

I felt a vibration in my pocket and pulled out my phone, it was Jas.

Jas🤞🏼👭: Hey bestfriend

Kodie 🧡👭: Wassup? I tried calling you thousands of times, you good?

We never set our names as "bestfriend". I told her that shit was too mushy, which it is.

"Who you texting that got you smiling over there? Cause carter sitting next to you." YM, loud mouth ass said. Carter shot her eyes to my phone cutting her eyes at me.

"Jas, your "girlfriend" texted me finally." I said putting emphasis on girlfriend.

She huffed looking away. I smirked, and continued to text her.

Jas🤞🏼👭- I was wondering if I could borrow Carter for a bit? You know give her the run down make sure she's good for my bestfriend."

Kodie 🧡👭- ....I'll see if she wants to go

"Baby." she looked at me. "...Jasmine wanted to know if you and her can chill for a bit. Something about making sure you're good for me."

Carter face frowned up. "I know I'm good for you so no I don't need too." she came to stand infront of me snuggling her head in the crook of my neck. I ran my hand through her dreads. She is such a big baby.

"Just see what she wants baby, It can't be that bad." I assured her but deep down I had a bad feeling about this whole link up thing.

She smacked her lips. "Fine let me go get dressed." we got up and started walking back to our house which was just a few blocks away from the park.

"I wonder why she texted you and not me. She been acting mad funny lately." YM explained as we walked in the house.

"How so?" I asked as we sat on the couch.

"I called her earlier and she answered all nervous and shit. Then I heard a voice telling her to hang up and she did."

I cut my eyes at her. "You think she cheating on you?"

"She's not cheating if we're not together but I'd like to think she was better than that." I nodded. I didn't know what was up with Jas and why all of a sudden she wanted to chill with my baby.

Carter

I walked downstairs in simple sweat shorts and a plain black tee. "Alright where'd she want to meet?" I said in aggravated tone. I really didn't want to go but I figured Kodie was right, it shouldn't be that bad.

"Um text her, come here tho."

I walked over to Kodie, she wrapped her arms around me pulling me in for a kiss. "I love you and if anything I mean ANYTHING happen, call me." her voice was soft and concerning.

I nodded pecking her lips and grabbed my keys. "Wait drop me off home on the way." YM said getting up.

I looked at Kodie. "You gone be good here alone? Ma will be home in a hour or so."

"I'll be good." she smiled small.

"Oh and Kodie....I love you too." I winked. She blushed covering her face.

Me and YM walked outside to my car. "She got you all mushy and shit, turned you into a pussy." she joked.

I chuckled. "You just mad cause Jasmine not acting right for you, get you a girl them maybe you could talk."

She smacked her lips as I laughed. I dropped her off texting Jasmine.

Carter 😈: Aye where'd you want to meet at?

Jasmine 🤨: My house if you don't mind

I put Jasmine's address in my phone following the directions. She lived further away then what I normally drive but whatever. After a long hour of driving I pulled into her house or what I thought was her house.

I got out the car locking it, her neighborhood was by far the worst I've been too. I went to the door knocking.

"Coming!" I heard her yell. She opened the door with a sly frown on her face.

I tooted my head up. "You good?" she nodded moving to the side, I walked in looking around. I checked the time on my watch. I had school tomorrow so I didn't plan on being here long.

"You alright? You don't look good." I admitted.

I heard a chuckle. "She's good, you not so much.." my heart tightened up. I knew that voice from anywhere, It was the last thing I heard before everything became black.

Kodie
9:43

I paced around the floor running my hands through my hair. Carter wasn't home yet and it's been hours, she didn't text me or her mom.

"Kodie, baby please stop pacing. Your making my head hurt, sit down and relax. Have some tea." I sighed sitting down. She handed me a glass which I gladly took and started drinking.

"Oh god where's my baby." her mom cried out silently. I was trying to be the strong one and hold back my tears, I was just as scared as she was but I knew one person to go to...Jasmine.

I walked upstairs to Carter's room closing the door, I layed on her side of the bed pulling her pillow close to me falling asleep.