Chapter 20- Arguments

"She's just a friend, yeah that's what you claiming" - Airi

Kodie

I twirled around in the chair dozing off into space. Last night was amazing and honestly the best night I've had yet. I was in science class and quite frankly I didn't care about this class at all. I was ready to graduate and get the hell out of here.

"Kodie hey." Skye smiles coming up to me. I cut my eyes at her rolling them. "Look no hard feelings, I've apologized for what I did we can at least be friends." She sat down next to me.

"Why did you come back?" Not that I cared but I did want to know.

She shrugged. "I missed you and since I'm an adult I can make my own decisions and I've decided to come back here and make it up to you." she rubbed my arm getting closer.

I shook my head snatching my arm away from her. "Look just keep your distance, what we had was way over with and I've moved on." I continued to do my work until I felt her staring. "What?"

"Nothing just remembering the good times we had together, I know you miss me Kodie." She smiled winking. I fake smiled getting up to turn my assignments then grabbed my things walking out of class.

"Kodie Wait!" I heard someone yell and cursed turning around seeing Jasmine. Great! Could my day get any worst.

"Not now Jasmine." I went to walk away until I felt her grab my arm and sighed deeply. I turned around facing her. Her face held so much guilt but I couldn't bring myself to trust her I was slowly getting there tho.

"Happy late birthday." She smiled small handing me a gift, I took it slowly.

"Thank you." She nodded walking away, I stuffed the gift into my bookbag walking to Carter's class which was gym.

Carter

"Hey Carter long time no talk." Tae said sitting next to me on the bleachers.

I chuckled. "You sure you should be talking to me? Where's ya girlfriend?" I raised my brow.

"She's not my girlfriend and I'm sorry about that, I don't know how she even found out about you and I really hope she didn't scare you." I snapped my head towards her.

"Scare me? You must be out ya mind if you think your little mutt put any fear in my heart." I chuckled. I could feel Tae get closer and scooted over a little.

"You was feeling me before my ex came ruining shit right? So now that's she gone where's that same energy." she bit her lip, my eyes got big.

"I was just being friendly, I have a girlfriend now so that same energy will be towards her and her only." I got up reaching the grab the basketball.

She grabbed my arm forcefully causing me to bend towards her and kissed me. I heard a gasp, I pushed Tae away forcefully looking over to see Kodie.

"What the fuck is this?!" Kodie walked full speed up to Tae. I pushed her out of the way wrapping my arm around Kodie.

"It's not what it looks like baby calm down." my arms were wrapped tightly around her waist. Kodie was beyond pissed but I didn't need her to do something that would jeopardize her graduating even tho Tae deserves it.

"Fuck you mean it ain't what it looks like? So this the shit you do when I'm not around? Wow Carter okay. And you watch I catch your ass after graduation." Kodie struggled to get out of my arms.

I picked her up walking her out of the gym setting her down. "Calm the fuck down, she kissed me not vice versa."

"She been wanting you since you came here and I seen how you would act with her. Ion believe that, out of everyone I didn't think you'd do something to me." She shook her head walking away. I clenched my jaw blowing my breath out.

I walked back into gym to retrieve my stuff, I threw the basketball across the gym grabbing my bag walking to the door.

"Carter I'm sorry I didn't know." Tae said behind me. I chuckled angrily turning around my fists were clenched and pissed off was clearly shown on my face.

"Just stay the fuck away from me Tae." I shook my head storming out of the gym. I needed to get to Kodie quick before she did anything. I know how her temper is and didn't want anything to happen to her.

I walked outside noticing Kodie standing against my car. I sighed walking up to her. "You done being a brat?" I asked lowly.

She looked away rolling her eyes, I chuckled. She was jealous but I didn't know why because she was the one who got to go home with me every night plus I never would put her in a position where she'd have to be jealous.

"She kissed me, I told her I had someone. I don't want her or anybody else in this damn school baby. She WAS just a friend but I told her to keep her distance." She peaked at me with her eyes low.

"I'm still beating her ass after graduation." She smirked with a slight pout. I put my arms up backing away.

"I will record it baby. Now can you stop being mad and give me a kiss? A real kiss." I bit my lip, grabbing her hips pulling her closer.

She smacked her lips. "Man you always doing that knowing I like that shit, come here." She gripped my chin pulling me down for a kiss. I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist as she held onto my arms for dear life.

"I love you, you know that right?" I raised my brow tilting my head.

"Of course, and I love yo fat ass too." My smile faded as I frowned.

It was my turn to smack my lips, I pushed her away slightly. "Always gotta ruin shit, you wanna go home or stay here?"

She rubbed her stomach backing away. "Can we go get something to eat? I'm fucking starving man."

I laughed nodding, we both got in the car getting ready to go.

Are y'all loving this book so far? Because I enjoy writing it. Can't wait to write the sequel 😩